☁ 06 ☁

Author's POV

It was currently 4:36. The boys seemed to have telepathically talked things out, seeing as how friendly they've been with each other again, and now confusing our poor (Y/N).

She sits with a yellow LED in the backseat, listening to the two morons playing, what she found out was 'Old Town Road'. Cody, casually tapping the pads of his fingers on the leather covered steering wheel, while Adam was singing his lungs out.

Where were the three right now? Going for a drive around town, to pass some time until go back to open the club.

"If you don't mind me asking, " (Y/N) politely intervened with their singing and jazzing. She got a him from Cody and a loud "YEAH?! " from Adam. And much to his dismay, Cody turned the music off for a while, earning a slight groan from the energetic blonde. "Why did you call me 'family' back at Bob's Burgers and Fries? " (Y/N) continued. Seeing as how intrigued she was by the sudden relationship status she was given by Adam. The said blonde stumbled to look at the android with a simple smile that promised the end to global warming.
"Because you're part of our family now, right? " He spoke, saying it as childish as possible. "Of course, I'm the dad-"

"Fuck you. " Cody blurted out. Adam only chuckled at this then cleared his throat.

"No, but seriously- (Y/N), you didn't really think the both of us would've thought of you as nothing other than just a machine, would you? " Adam asked, it was evident that he was being sincere, as he toned his voice down, and spoke gently. (Y/N) straightened her posture, straighter than the author. Adam decided to continue. "You're with me and Cody now, and since Katelyn would've treated you like a sister, we'd like to do her the honors and do it for her. " he ended.

'sister..? '

"A sister..? You speak of this Katelyn like she's done wonders, it doesn't seem like she's accomplished much when I saw her, emotionless in the picture. " (Y/N) replied, not trying to offend anyone. Surprisingly, this didn't wipe Adam's smile off his face, if anything- it grew wider.

"That's because you're judging the gift by its wrapping. What matters most importantly, is the contents inside the thing. " Adam went back to sitting properly on his chair. He didn't care for a seatbelt, as he trust Cody with the driving now.

The analogy he had given (Y/N) seemed most fitting. She understood what it meant, and was satisfied more than ever with the answer.

Silence then returned to the atmosphere. Cody didn't bother to turn the music back up since he didn't mind the silence. It was nice to have some quiet time, no? Everyone was now left to their own thoughts. A dangerous, yet pleasing concept of the human mind. Being able to think of one topic, and seeing the plethora of outcomes it has within a minute or so. That's what makes humans so unpredictable. Their emotions may connect to the reasoning in their head, and most times, it can be so hard to read.

Cody had the idea of taking the two to the park to get some fresh air, so he drove to the left of an intersection and slowed the pick up down once he saw that they were nearing Gedrosa's Park.

"Hey Cody? "Adam grabbed the taller male's arm. "Why're we here buddy? "

"Thought we'd all could use the fresh air. Besides, it won't hurt that we open the club up a little later. " Cody explained.

"I agree with Cody. " (Y/N) stated as she patted Adam's head. "We could...chillax for a while. " she smiled, trying to imitate the blonde's vocabulary.

The three got out of the car and walked around for a bit in silence. They watched the kids play in the playground, screaming in joy. They listened to the birds chirp, tending to their young ones in the nests in the trees. And watched androids follow, help, and standby beside their owners. The environment was quite pleasing none the less.

(Y/N) followed the two boys from the back with her hands folded behind her. She smiled at the sight of small humans running around and laughing. She enjoyed seeing the two in front of her laughing at whatever it was they were talking about. But, she couldn't help but feel left out. It was strange, indeed. She has never felt left out before. That, or she has a bug in her system. Her LED flashed yellow as she thought of it. She was so invested in her thoughts that she didn't notice that Adam and Cody stopped walking to look at her, so she bumped into both of them with a small "oof ".

The blonde and the brunette smiled as they gently grabbed each of (Y/N)'s arm and continue walking. Her LED was still yellow, the android was confused.

"Why are you two holding me captive? " She asked, looking at both of them one at a time.

"No, no, " Cody chuckled. "Well, does it bother you so much? "

(Y/N) took her time to process this. Her LED was slightly showing through her (hat/hairstyle), but not too much for it to be evident. It blinked yellow. She was being asked a question which required an independent choice. And unlike the  situation with choosing which would be the best method to cover her LED, this one was just.. As a human interaction thing. A human thing. Her pink lips twitched upwards as her (E/C) eyes glistened ever so slightly. Just then, errors have started popping into her optical unit. In slight panic, she played this with caution.

"I am fine with whatever. " And with that, the errors went away. Her eyes went back to lifeless, and her smile was once again- meaningless. Cody's smile subsided, and he looked forward, making sure not to bump into anyone. Adam, was too busy looking up at the blue sky with a soft smile adorning his face.

(Y/N) felt a pit in her stomach. She wondered if she had upset the tall brunette, in which case she did. She couldn't help it though, the errors were her limits, and she stayed behind those bars in the lines of "I am a machine. "

(Salutations! Enjoying so far? Give me a follow and I'll keep you updated on the book!)