☁ 15 ☁

Your POV

THUD!

"Aren't used to this much action, (Y/N)?" Hank said as he helped me up from tripping over a freaking trash can. What was once inside of the bin, was now on me and spilled all over the cemented streets. People and androids passed me, some cringing in disgust, others just shoulder-bumping me as they pass. I steady myself onto my feet and fix my clothing, Hank helping me by removing the trash dangling around on my shoulders and head.

"Not built to be a deviant hunter, maybe that's why." I spoke with what little sarcasm I had left in my voice. Hank rolled his eyes and muttered a curse as he looked forward. There, was Connor zipping his way through the sea of people, soon becoming nothing but a silhouette.

"Well kid, think Connor might need your help, " The old man threw a broken down CyberLife magazine away as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "might wanna catch up with him, in case he does something stupid." I groan in frustration but tie my hair into a ponytail and sprint my way to where Connor was headed with the couple I could've got a few minutes ago. I almost trip on my feet, but no, I'm not gonna be bumping into any more trash cans!

A few baby hairs fly alongside my face as I feel myself getting faster, and faster each step. My pump regulator dishing out more thirium in my body every second. Suddenly, I catch a glimpse of Connor's jacket disappear into an alleyway. I was about to catch up until my path was blocked by MORE PEOPLE.

'I hate people..'

I search my surroundings and see a pipe- big enough for me to climb on- on the side of a building. I take my chances, pray it won't break, and begin climbing. My grip was so strong, I was creating little dents with my fingertips and palms. My stress level rise as I move farther from the ground, and with each movement- the damn pipe made a creek and high-pitched squeak. As soon as I reach the ledge, I grab onto it and nearly slip, but my second grip saved me from utter death. I looked down and almost piss my pants, even if it was impossible for androids to do so. I push on. I use my upper arm strength to launch me up, and I land on my knees on the roof. I waste no time and properly standing and continue to dart out from the roof.

I got closer and closer to a space between buildings, and right when I was about to make a leap for it, I hear familiar voices from below me. I immediately come to a halt and skid on the soles of my feet, I leave my arms outstretched to my sides and tumble onto the edge. I hit the ground on my stomach, forcing a grunt from me, but now- I had the perfect view of Connor cornering the two.

"Ma'am, hand over the deviant, and nobody gets hurt-"

BANG!

I jerk back from surprise. I feel the color leaving my artificial skin as I recognize that goddamned sound. My eyes turn to Connor, who was holding his arm. The boyfriend shot Connor in the arm as he was protecting his lover. I was then drowned by a huge wave of worry. Worry for the couple perhaps? Or worry for Connor?

"LEAVE US ALONE! OR THE NEXT SHOT IS GOING TO YOUR HEAD!" The male cried as I hear his voice break in fear. Connor didn't move, he was probably analyzing probabilities and checking the statistics of certain outcomes.

'Come on (Y/N)! Think!'

I look around once more. There was a wall that stood behind the couple, another pipe leading down in between the three, and a few broken debris surrounding them. An idea dawned upon me, and I really hope it works...

CONNOR'S POV

Lou. An AX400 model that seemed to have deviated a long time ago. I've scanned him, and the girl he was protecting. Katelyn Barns. She was diagnosed with depression, a little bit of Alexythima, and social anxiety. She's very sickly, so why'd Lou endanger his partner like this?

"Lou, your partner is in need of medical attention." I spoke in the most calm tone I could use. "You are endangering her like this if you don't make things easier for the both of us."

"I wanted to-to come along, so please-" Katelyn spoke with the most weakened voice I've heard other than Hank being drunk on the weekends. I slightly shudder at the last time Hank accidentally vomited on Sumo when he was trying to pet him. I shake the memory away and focus on what was going on. "Le-Let us go home..." She pleaded. I was about to step forward as I notice (Y/N) making her way to the top of the wall without being caught by the two, I didn't fully turn my head, as I think it would get her caught. She awkwardly lands and grabs a brick. A brick. In 2038.

"One more step, and I swear to rA9 you'll be on the ground bleeding!" Lou threatens. I fix my tie then step back, trusting (Y/N) with her actions. "Back away." I comply to the angered deviant's command. He gripped tightly onto Katelyn's hand and as they were about to dart past me-

THUD!

✔ᴬᴸᴱˣᴵᵀᴴᵞᴹᴵᴬ ᴵˢ ᴬ ˢᵁᴮᶜᴸᴵᴺᴵᶜᴬᴸ ᴾᴴᴱᴺᴼᴹᴱᴺᴼᴺ ᴵᴺᵛᴼᴸᵛᴵᴺᴳ ᴬ ᴸᴬᶜᴷ ᴼᶠ ᴱᴹᴼᵀᴵᴼᴺᴬᴸ ᴬᵂᴬᴿᴱᴺᴱˢˢ ᴼᴿ, ᴹᴼᴿᴱ ˢᴾᴱᶜᴵᶠᴵᶜᴬᴸᴸᵞ, ᴰᴵᶠᶠᴵᶜᵁᴸᵀᵞ ᴵᴺ ᴵᴰᴱᴺᵀᴵᶠᵞᴵᴺᴳ ᴬᴺᴰ ᴰᴱˢᶜᴿᴵᴮᴵᴺᴳ ᶠᴱᴱᴸᴵᴺᴳˢ ᴬᴺᴰ ᴵᴺ ᴰᴵˢᵀᴵᴺᴳᵁᴵˢᴴᴵᴺᴳ ᶠᴱᴱᴸᴵᴺᴳˢ ᶠᴿᴼᴹ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴮᴼᴰᴵᴸᵞ ˢᴱᴺˢᴬᵀᴵᴼᴺˢ ᴼᶠ ᴱᴹᴼᵀᴵᴼᴺᴬᴸ ᴬᴿᴼᵁˢᴬL

(Salutations! Enjoying so far? Give me a follow and I'll keep you updated on the book!)