Chapter 3: New Jays

A/n: Play the song when he starts rapping

Derek Pov

Thursday September 26, 2019
1:30pm

I had to run away from Rekik before she beat my ass for smacking her ass to hard. I laughed all the way down the stairs while telling Kevin to hurry and get in the car. The car ride to the mall was quiet only because I was scrolling on Instagram when I seen that Rekik I had posted.  I immediately liked the picture and commented. We finally arrived to the mall and got out the car. "You better hope that they still got the new Jordan 12s in my size cause if not I'm beating your ass." He said. "Yo ass ain't gone do shit." Laughing at him. He just shook his head at me while heading to the mall entrance. I adjusted my hat so I can cover my face cause I really didn't like feel like being bombarded by fans. Walking into Finish line you can hear 'No Guidance' by Chris Brown ft. Drake playing. "You got it girl, you got it girl." Kev sanged while dancing to the shoes he wanted.

Shaking my head I went to check out the vans section, I was in need of some new black and white old skool vans cause the ones I had now where dusty and ran through. I was looking and saw the camo check old skool I've been looking for these, but every time I ask about them they don't have anymore in my size. "Aye can I get some help." I heard Kev yelled. I looked up, made eye contact with a worker, gave her a head nod and put the shoe in the air signaling her to come here. "Hi how can I help you sir?" She said walking up to me. " Hey do you guys have these camo old skool in a size 10 and can I get the black and white old skool as well?" I asked. " Umm let me go check." She said grabbing the shoes, heading to the back. As I was waiting I walked over to Kev to see how he was doing. "Did they have your shoe size?" I asked. "Yeah they did you lucked up today." He replied. "Man whatever yo ass wasn't going to do shit." Laughing at him once again. He just mocked me and laughed.

As I was walking away from him to look at the retro 12s a girl came and stopped me. "Hi you're Derek right?" She asked. "Yeah?" Replying back with my left eyebrow raised. "Oh umm I'm a huge fan and I was wondering if I could take a picture." She said. "Oh yeah, sure." I replied back while taking my hat off to fix my hair. She pulled out her phone and went to the camera then stood next to me, she was trying to get both of us in the picture but she was too short so I grabbed her phone and took the picture for us. "It was nice meeting you." Handing her phone back. "You too." Giving me a flirty smile. She began to walk away until she turned around and came back to me. "Oh here's my number just incase you get tired of your old relationship." She said putting of piece of paper in my hand while batting her eyelashes. I looked down at the paper than at the girl leaving and shook my head I went to Kev and told him that a girl wanted me to give him her number. Turning around I notice the shoe lady coming out with both boxes, I met her halfway and grabbed them out of her hand. "Let me know if they fit or you need a size bigger." She said. "I will thank you." Smiling at her. I sat down, open the camo check old skool box, grabbing the left one I hurriedly took of my shoe and put them on. They fit perfectly so I stood up, walked around in them to see how they felt, and then I went to the mirror to see how they looked on my foot.