Chapter Seventeen

I sit on my bed looking over the pictures I had taken when there is a knock on my door. "Come in." I tell them.

The door opens and Rebekah enters, she gives me a smile and walks over to me. "Hello Clara. I was wondering if you could convince Nik to go to the decade dance?" she asks me.

"I don't know Rebekah. A high school dance doesn't really scream, Nik."I tell her unsure.

"Oh, please! You owe me a dance, besides the theme is 1920's! It'll be a night to remember." Rebekah tells me, slightly convincing me.

I give her a smile, "Fine. I'll try and talk to Nik." I tell her.

"Excellent! I'll see you later darling." Rebekah says, then leaves my room.

I put away the photo's then head downstairs to talk to Nik. I walk into his art room and see him painting on a giant canvas. "That looks amazing." I compliment his art.

Nik looks over at me then looks at his work. "If you're here to get me to go to that silly dance you're wasting your breath." he tells me.

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun! Don't you want to relive the roaring 20's?" I tell him, walking over to him, putting my head on his shoulder. He glances at me raising his eyebrow. "Plus You'll see me as your flapper date." I say, knowing that'll convince him.

Nik lets out a sigh, "Fine, I guess we can go for a few hours, but you'll have to consider leaving with me." Nik say then puts down his paints and turns around to face me.

"You're serious about leaving aren't you?" I ask Nik, looking into his eyes for his emotion on the topic.

Nik caresses my cheek with in his hand, "There's nothing left here in this town for me, except you, if you choose not to come with me." Nik explains.

"If I leave with you, could we start that adventure you promised?" I ask with a smile.

Nik chuckles, "Yes we can if you so wish." He tells me.

I quickly kiss Nik's cheek, "Then I'll get my stuff ready. Lets make tonight the best last night in Mystic Falls." I tell him then rush out of the room and upstairs to pack up all my stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finish the last pieces of my outfit. "Come on love, we're going to be late." Nik calls from downstairs.

I walk to the stairs and laughs, "I thought you didn't even want to go the dance?" I ask as I walk downstairs.

Nik turns and looks at me then smirks, his eyes looking at every bit of my body. "We'll how can I not want to go when my girl looks this magnificent." Nik compliments me, grabbing my hand when I meet him at the bottom, then giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"Shall we go then my handsome date." I say with a smile.

"We shall my beautiful girl." He says and we leave the house.