Chapter Fifteen

The next day I woke up feeling different. Both good and bad. I decided to shake the bad feeling by having a photo day. I spent most of the day by the falls; by evening I decide to head into town to take some pictures.

I see that the grill is busy, so I walk in hoping to find something different and interesting. "Clara!" I hear a british accent call my name. I turn and see Nik and Kol at the bar.

"Oh, Hi. I didn't see you two." I say giving them a smile.

"Join us for a drink?" Nik asks as Kol lifts up his drink towards me.

"No thanks, I'm just going to go take photos.." I say, lifting up my camera in return, and turn around and walk out of the grill.

I start to walk across the street and then hear my name being shouted, "Clara!".

I turn around and see Nik, "Nik?" I question as yo why he followed me out.

"Let me join you love." Nik says, as we reach the sidewalk.

"You wont find it interesting or fun Niklaus. Besides your brother is probably waiting for you inside." I say to him, ready to walk away again.

"Oh, come on. Why don't we talk? Come on, talk to me." Nik says to me, taking a seat on a bench next to us.

I give a soft smile, and a sigh, "Fine." I say, and take a seat next to him. I face him and see that he's already staring at me like he was last night. "Okay, so what shall we talk about?" I ask him.

"I want to talk about you." he says to me. Causing me to laugh a bit. "Your hopes. your-Your dreams. Everything you want in life." Nik rambles, making me laugh again.

"Really?" I ask, wondering if he really wants to know this.

"Really. You're a mystery Clara. That's one of the reasons why I like you." Nik explains causing me to smile and him to smirk.

I gasp feeling a pain in my chest that spreads through out the rest of my body. Nik gasps as well, grabbing his chest in pain. "Nik." I whisper, trying to stand, he stands as well, but I fall unable to hold myself up from the pain. He catches me, "Whats happening?" I groan, feeling the pain everywhere, and my energy leaving me. Nik quickly picks me up bridal style.

"Kol." was all he says, then rushes us off somewhere. I gasp in pain again, feeling pain every time I breathe, I close my eyes in pain. I could feel myself being set down against a wall on stairs. Then the pain started to lighten away, but my energy still feeling like its being drained. "I should of killed you months ago." I hear Nik say.

"Do it. That's not gonna stop Esther from killing you." I hear Damon's voice reply.

I squint open my eyes to see them at the bottom of the stairs from where I was seated. "What did you say about my mother." Nik questions.

"You didn't know that I was friends with your mummy? Yeah, we have a bit in common. She hates you as much as I do." Damon says to Nik.

I feel an arm go around my waist and have me stand, helping me. I look to see it was Elijah. He has me put my arm on his shoulders to keep me balanced. "Leave him. We still need him Niklaus." Elijah tells Nik.

"What did mother do? What did she do Elijah?" Nik asks.

Elijah walks us down to Nik. He lets Nik take me from him, then walks over to Damon. "You tell me where the witches are, or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now." Elijah threatens.

"You told me we had until after 9." Damon complains.

"I'm sure Rebekah'd be more than happy to start her work early." Elijah continues his threats.