Chapter Six

"Welcome back to Chicago Stefan." Nik's voice fills my ears as I wake up. The car pulls into a storage unit, similar to a warehouse. Nik looks over at me, "Good you're awake, welcome to Chicago." he says to me, then opens the door getting out of the car, Stefan and I following.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks Nik as we follow him through the warehouse.

Nik opens a door, "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Nik tells Stefan, as we see a truck pull up to the building.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood. A lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan explains.

I start to feel a bit uneasy, I don't know much on Stefan, just that he used to be a 'ripper' but no one has explained what that is, but I can gather that it wasn't good.

"Well, that is a crying shame, the details are what make it legend." Nik says as the truck gets closer.

"Word was the ripper of Monterrey get lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." Nik starts to tell the details of the ripper, while he was here in Chicago around the 20's.

"Chicago was magical." Nik tells us in the end, the truck parked in place.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan tells Nik, walking away from the doorway.

"Ready to get down to business, then?" Nik asks Stefan. I lean against the wall not really knowing whats happening, I'd only had that one night of real supernatural experience and seeing what has been happening with them two for the summer.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, you're hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan tells Nik harshly, annoyance within his tone, I glance at Nik concerned that he'll snap again like he did at the camp.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Nik explains, while putting his arm around me and leading me to the car as he talks to Stefan.

After a quick car ride we arrive at a bar named, 'Gloria's'. The bar doesn't seem to be open, but Nik leads Stefan and I inside anyways.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Nik comments to Stefan as we walk in. Nik keeps his hand on my back as we walk towards the bar.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan says as he looks around the place.

A door opens from some where within the bar, "You got to be kidding me." A woman says from the other side of the bar.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-" Nik get cut off by the woman.

"Stop. you maybe invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." She tells him, as she walks over to us.

I laugh lightly and Nik gives me a look, I stop laughing but the smiles stays on my face. "I remember you." the woman says to Stefan.

"Yeah, you're Gloria." Stefan says to her as if confirming his thoughts.

"Mm-hmm." Gloria hums in responds, confirming his thoughts.

"Shouldn't you be..." Stefan starts to say, but gets interrupted.

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" Gloria explains sass in her tone.

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Nik explains to Stefan and I.

"Cool." I say softly, I quickly take a picture of Gloria to add to my photo's for this summer.

Gloria looks at me, "Now you, I don't know who you are." She says to me.