Chapter Nine

Today was the homecoming dance that Rebekah is dragging me to. I was helping her get ready before I would head home to change.

"So where is it at again now?" I ask Rebekah as I curled her hair.

"At that hybrid, Tyler's house." She reminds me as she blows on her nails.

"Right. Okay, I think that's it. Do you need help with make up or are you alright?" I ask her as I fix her hair.

She looks at her appearance, before looking at me through the mirror. "No, I think I'll manage. Thank you again, Clara." she tells me with a small smile.

I return the smile, "Anytime. Now I'm going to go, I'll meet you at the dance." I tell her.

"See you there!" she calls out as I leave her room, walking down the steps of the Salvatore house.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here." An unfamiliar British accented voice says from the foyer, once I reach the last step.

I look over and see another man, giving me an unnerving feeling from the way he was looking at me. "Who are you?" I ask, on edge but confused.

"Oh pardon me, I'm Mikeal. You must be Clara." he tells me. My eyes widen, and my stomach drops. I slowly back away from him, going towards the back door. "Ah, so you're heard of me, good." he says, noticing my movement.

Suddenly he has me pushed up against the wall, one hand on my neck the other over my mouth to keep me from screaming. I struggle none the less, fear coursing through me. "I've heard around that my bastard of a son has taken a liking to you, a weak human." Mikeal comments, glaring at me while examining me.

"Now, I wonder if he cares enough to have given you vervain." he says, before looking into my eyes, "Stop struggling."  he says, then against my will, I stopped. I realize he's compelled me, and more fear courses through me.

"Wonderful. This makes it much easier." he comments before making me look him the eyes. "You will do as I say, and not breathe a word of this to anyone, not even Niklaus." he says then, removes his hand from over my mouth, "Do you understand?" Mikeal questions.

"I understand." I whisper, in a monotone voice. He nods then lets go of me completely, then walking away from me as if nothing had just happened.

I quickly run out of the boarding house, getting in my car, and drive off as quickly as possible. The tears just flowing down my face, so much fear going through me, I fear of whats going to happen with me and what will happen with Nik.

~~~~~

I walk around the Lockwood estate, seeing everyone partying, not being able to find Rebekah in the crowds of people. "Hello love." a familiar voice says from behind me, I quickly turn around to see Nik.

"You're here!" I say in surprise, a smile on my face making me forget the nerves and fear from early by just seeing him.

"I told you that we'd be seeing each other soon." Nik smirks, as her referring to our conversation from the other night.

Before I could respond, Nik tells me, "Hold that thought love, but I have a speech to give. Though do save me a dance." He says before jogging off.

I turn around to see him heading up on the stage, confusing me, "Good evening everyone, I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming." Nik says to the crowd as they cheer in responds. 

I wander around, losing Nik in the crowd after sometime. "Hello Clara." A voice I dreaded hearing says. I tense before turning to Mikeal.

"Hello Mikeal." I say, trying not to show fear in my tone.