Silence In The Library

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, it's so lovely to finally meet you, too," you gripped his arm with one hand and gestured to the house, "this house is extraordinary, congratulations."

He smiled, resting his hand on Lucy's hip as he introduced you to his friends. "This is Joe, Gwil and Ben."

You smiled as you had the same brace with them that you did with Rami. A hug and a kiss on each cheek. "It's not even midnight yet and I've had more kisses than I can count," you giggled once you had greeted all the men.

They all laughed. They seemed really nice, very attractive but possibly too old for you. "So how do you know Lucy?" Joe asked you.

"We've known one another since we were three, but she moved away to central London when we were fifteen and left me on the outskirts," you smiled, nudging Lucy with your elbow.

"It's not like I was a million miles away." She pouted, wrapping her arm around the back of your neck in an embrace. You clinked red cups and shared a drink, with a silent celebration.

"So that would make you twenty five?" Ben asked, and you nodded.

"Twenty five, yes indeed."

"So what do you do for work?"

"I'm two months away from finally becoming a Detective Inspector." You smiled, your achievement was still baffling.

The boys were all shocked, nodding their heads as if impressed. "Pretty girl who's smarter than me? Ticks all the boxes," Ben laughed, sipping at whatever he had in his cup. You blushed as you heard him speak, and you felt yourself heating up. Everywhere.

"It's not hard to be smarter than you though, is it mate?"

--

You partied for a while with Ben, Gwilym and Joe while Lucy and Rami spoke to their guests. They didn't know anyone else besides Rami and Lucy, and the odd person, and you only really knew Lucy properly. Joe had come back from the drinks table with four shots of a disgusting colour, and you pouted.

"Another one?" Ben shouted over the music. You giggled, "Joe, they are absolutely disgusting, but I'll do it anyway."

You clinked shot glasses and drank them, feeling dizzy as you raised your head back. "I can't drink that," Gwilym choked as he smelt it once more.

"Oh, for god's sake Gwil!" You laughed, taking it from his hand and shotting it yourself. The boys looked at you, almost dumbfounded. "What? Shocked that a student can drink more than you old men?"

They laughed, "I'm only twenty eight thank you very much." Ben retorted, and you shot him a wink.

You had spoken a bit more to the boys over the music, getting to know one another a little bit more, when Gwilym and Joe decided that they needed some fresh air. "We'll be back in a bit, kids."

You and Ben went to get another drink and moved yourselves back into the living room. You had your drinks in one hand and one another's in the other, dancing away together to the music. It had become slower, more sensual.

It was that time of the evening.

Often by The Weeknd was playing and Ben spun you around so your back was pressed against his chest as you danced. You purposely swayed your hips against his crotch and ground yourself against it, too. "Please don't think I'm coming off too strong, here," Ben whispered against your neck, "but you're making me incredibly turned on right now."

You blushed and spun around, "Oh, am I, now?"

He nodded, biting his lip and moving his hand from yours to your cheek, his eyes flickering from your eyes to your lips. "May I?" You nodded as he lent down and pressed his lips to yours.