Better Man (b.h)

I'm calling the ex Jake bc no man with the first letter J is reasonable (unless they're joe mazello ofc) so um.. Sorry if ur name is Jake or ur dating one

Warnings: v angsty, language, cheating, v light smut (italics are flashback)

Word Count - 1709

----

It was your choice for date night this month, and you'd chosen a local Italian which had only just opened in town.

"Ben," you started, "Ben, I'm sorry. I didn't know the server was going to be my ex, I didn't even know he worked there!" You hung your bag and jacket on the hanger, walking towards your pissed off boyfriend.

You didn't realise that your exes uncle had owned the restaurant, or that your ex had in fact worked there. It wasn't the nicest of surprises for any of you when you waltzed in on Ben's arm, giggling. Your ex had thought you'd been sleeping with Ben while your relationship was crumbling, although sleeping with Ben wasn't quite the correct term. You and Ben had gotten closer towards the end of your last relationship, you never had sex with Ben per sé, but there was some giving and receiving involved.

Now, with dinner cut short, Ben had been aggravated by your ex the entirety of dinner, and the ride home. He was pissed, literally and metaphorically. He had one too many beers at the restaurant, you were paying after all, and he refused to sit through dinner and watch your ex boyfriend flirt with you. "Oh save the fucking sob story, Y/N," Ben hissed as he poured himself a whiskey, "you knew he was there, you've been acting weird all day. You knew he was there, if you want to get back together with him then just fucking go." He drank the whiskey like it was water, pouring himself two more one straight after the other.

You straightened yourself out, knowing this would be a long night, and an argument that you wouldn't win easily. "You think I took you there because I want to get back with him? After all he did to me while we were together?" You slammed your fist against the counter as you stared at Ben. No remorse washed over his face, he stayed stern and composed, his grip tightening on the glass. You sucked in a sharp intake of breath as he showed no response. Ben was there for you through everything that happened with your ex, he watched you cry and fall apart a million and one times, he watched as you so painstakingly to him expressed how you didn't want to leave Jake because you loved him; but you knew you'd be better off without him. Without his lies and his problems, his rude family and his senselessness.

You met Ben at a freelance acting job, working as an extra for a film he was shooting for. Ever since then he was captivated by you and always swore to himself that one day you'd be his. He was crushed when he found out you had a boyfriend after finally plucking up the courage to ask you out after two long weeks - and even more crushed when he found out just how harsh Jake was. Eventually, one night you couldn't take it anymore and you walked to Ben's.

"Hi." You smiled as he unlocked his door. He smiled back, opening it wider for you to step inside. You sank into his embrace, the warmth and comfort overpowering everything in you. "I'm done with him, Ben. I can't take it anymore." You sighed as tears filled your eyes. He rubbed your back with his thumb and forefinger, his heart sinking at your words. "How many times have you said that, though?"

You looked into his eyes, peeling yourself away from his chest. His eyes longed for you almost as much as yours did for him. You hadn't felt loved in so long, and only Ben could give you that sense of feeling, his lips against your neck and his fingers curling inside you; whispering how beautiful and gorgeous you look when you're moaning out his name. You on your knees for him, bobbing your head back and forth as he moaned your name and entwined your fingers with his, spilling his seed inside your mouth with a long moan of your name. Something that Jake never said and did to you. You flickered your eyes between his and his lips, pressing yours against them softly and moving them in sync with one another.