The Other Side Of The Fish Tank (b.h)

I WAS WATCHING THE LEONARDO DI'CAPRIO AND CLAIRE DANES VERSION OF ROMEO AND JULIET AND DECIDED TO DO A FISH TANK SCENE INSPIRED IMAGINE ABOUT BEN OMG OK CALM DOWN EM ENJOY LAID EASE (if you've not seen the movie there's a link for you up in the video part! but this is written from the readers point of view :))

Warnings: swearing, drugs, alcohol, fluff at the end I guess; CUTE JOE ok bye

Word Count - 1394

"Please! Please come to the party, it will be so much fun." Joe huffed as he flopped down on your bed.

You sighed as you folded your clothes, turning round to look at him with a hand on your hip, "A costume party?" You rolled your eyes as he nodded with a smile, "Joe, we're twenty five not five."

He huffed again, "Oh please, Y/N! Please can we go, it'll be fun." You giggled at his childish mannerisms, continuing to fold your freshly ironed clothes and slide them onto your dresser. "It's a costume party!" You waved your hands up, chuckling, "Besides, I have assignments due for edits Monday and I need to get the drafts written."

Joe sighed one more time, pouting. "I don't want to go alone." You slouched down next to him and rolled your eyes. He'd been your best friend since you were little, and your university roommate for three years. "Joe," you began, "do you even have a costume?"

"Yeah... I was gonna go as Austin Powers." He toys with the smirk on his face, looking over at you. You break out into a spring of laughter, "Austin Powers?"

"Yeah... Or Bill from Kill Bill." He blushed. You tilted your head at the thought, "Kill Bill is sexier than Austin Powers." You winked. He acted shocked, a fake loud gasp escaped his lips and he rested his palm on his chest.

"You'd get to be Uma Thurman, and wear that yellow suit," He agreed, turning his head and sticking out his teeth to mock Austin Powers, "and that's groovy, baby."

--

"I can't believe you've made me come as Tinkerbell. What happened to Uma Thurman? And why aren't you Peter Pan?" You whined for the entire walk up the stairs of the frat house. It was the opposing frat house of your University, consisting of rugby players and sportsmen; the frat house at your university campus consisted of mathletes and scientists. Joe stopped in his tracks, "We aren't even meant to be here," you continued as you saw pretty blondes all dressed as Playboys, "this is so wrong, Joe."

Joe sighed deeply, "One drink? Please, and if you don't like it we can go home."

As much as you'd decided that you didn't want the one drink, you couldn't deny that the party looked cooler than you thought. Many guys had walked past, looking you up and down in your tight and short Tink dress, matched with a halo headband and Angel wings. Joe ended up dressing as Troy Bolton, a childhood favourite of the pair of you.

"Fine," you sighed as you took his hand and entered the party, "one drink, then home. Promise?"

He nodded his head, "Promise."

--

You'd found some of your friends from your Classic Literature class hiding out in the party around two hours later, all dressed as the Powerpuff Girls; two of them practically begging Joe to take them home. "I'm just gonna go get another drink, I-I'll be back soon."

That one drink agreement went out the window as soon as ladies began swarming Joe, his tight white shirt paired with matching jeans and varsity jacket he used to wear on the football team really drew attention to him - in a good way. You could tell he didn't want to go home and so you'd agreed to stay until he decided that enough was enough, his pleading eyes melted your heart. "Fine. But you owe me, Mazello." You pointed as he handed you a drink.

You knew you'd seen a drinks room somewhere in the party, swarmed with people making out and getting high. You pushed past, none of the drug stuff was ever in your scene. Cocaine littered the floor and a thick smell of marijuana hung in the air, some Post Malone was blaring in the background. The Frat parties at your specific university campus were not like this at all - only if there was university-won rugby games or it was a really hot summers night. This was the campus that was known for sex, alcohol and drugs - nothing more, nothing less.

"I just want a fucking drink." You muttered as you pushed your way through cocaine sniffers, lining it up with credit cards, bottle openers; some even sniffing it up plastic straws. Eventually, you found a drinks table situated in the grand Hall, a huge room full of books that probably never got read, draped in party poppers and banners. You found an unopened bottle of liquor, it was meant to be used for shots, gathered by looking at the percentage - 55% straight alcohol - you didn't even care.

"Fuck this party." You spat as you twisted the top of the bottle with your teeth and spat the top down onto the floor. You took a swig and winced at the burning sensation flowing down your throat. You really should have eaten more before you came out.

You took a few more swigs of the disgusting beverage and began stumbling through to different rooms. There were people popping pills and you'd sworn you'd seen someone getting fucked against a bookcase in the corner in one room. You came across a quieter room, with a large fish tank going right from the floor to just below the ceiling. "Oh my God," you looked through the tank in awe, staring at the beautiful fish - whom you felt sorry for at the oh so trashy party.

You rendered your gaze higher, looking at the person on the opposite side of the glass, a tall and handsome blonde. He was dressed as Roger Taylor of Queen, (I'm sorry I couldn't resist) his blonde locks waved into loose curls, sporting the infamous Live Aid '85 look, a button up white shirt - half the buttons undone purposely to get people to stare - sunglasses tucked in the buttons of his shirt, black tracksuit bottoms, tight from his calfs down, and the iconic Adidas basket shoes that the band wore for the show.

It had taken you a couple of seconds but you'd soon realised you were staring at him. You scrambled up, eyes still fixated on him as you stumbled closer to the glass; feet tripping over one another. He pressed himself to the glass, also, the vision of him through the water getting double the size making you giggle. He smiled at that, causing you to blush heavier than you already were.

"Hi." He mouthed through the tank, waving his hand at you. You mouthed back, "Hi." Turning away in total embarrassment that such a gorgeous - pretty sure he was a fraternity brother of the house - guy was staring at you like a dork.

You looked back at the tank and noticed he had disappeared. You blinked your eyes in confusion, he was probably saying hello to someone else and went to take the piss out of you. You sighed, taking another long swig of the now not so disgusting beverage and decided it was time for you and Joe to make an exit, not being able to stand the embarrassment of being tormented.

"Big drinker, huh?" A voice spoke from behind you, you spun around, your sobriety and balance slipping away from you with every sip. The person caught you in their embrace, causing you to giggle. "Woah, steady on."

You looked up and found that it was the boy from the other side of the fish tank, smiling down at you. You stood up straight and smiled up at him, mirroring his expression. "Thank you."

Your moment was cut short by the Powerpuff Girls from earlier running in, fits of giggles, "Come on! The fireworks are about to start! Joe's looking for you!"

You saw the blondes face drop at the mention of Joe's name, but you looked up at him as you were being dragged out and gestured for him to join you.

(Pt2?)