Silence In The Library

You meet Ben on a night out and things get heated

Also the title is a nod to my fellow dr who stans whoop whoop donna noble i miss you

---

"Lucy come on! I'm not going out on my own!" You frowned as the FaceTime call was glitchy due to bad quality. Your childhood best friend, Lucy, who you hadn't seen face to face since you were fifteen had moved back into town with her boyfriend, Rami.

She sighed. You could see she was teetering on the edge of deciding to come with you or not, looking at her surroundings in the new house. The place was pretty clean for what you could make out, there weren't many boxes and everything seemed to be pretty in place. "Rami and I were thinking of having a house warming party on Friday, why don't we do that instead?"

You pouted. "Okay, fine. But don't let me down because we need a girls night!" She giggled on the other the end of the line, "I won't. I promise. Eight o'clock, Friday night."

--

Friday night had rolled around incredibly slowly. You felt the days dragging beforehand and you couldn't wait to just let your hair down and have fun. Finally though, you had turned up on Lucy and Rami's doorstep, with a housewarming gift in one hand and a bag of alcoholic drinks in the other. You felt like a million dollars in your two piece, you knew you looked good.

You had already had a few drinks before you had arrived so you just prayed that you didn't fall in your heels.

"Lucy!" You squealed as she opened the door. You both turned into children again as you hugged. "You look incredible!" She remarked. You had changed a lot in 8 years.

"So do you! Congratulations on the gorgeous house!" You handed her the housewarming box, full of Lucy's favourite scents and candles from childhood. She smiled as she opened it and you realised then how much you missed her.

"Where shall I put my booze?" You asked, stepping further into the hallway. Lucy smiled, "Down here," she grabbed your hand, "and I'll introduce you to everyone on the way!"

You placed your drinks on the table and poured yourself a vodka orange, not caring about the alcohol intake. "Rami is outside with his friends, come on!" She lead you through the huge kitchen and past what looked like a small library.

That's just showing off.

You stood out on the back lawn, and it felt like it went on for miles. "Oh my god, it's huge!" You exclaimed as you looked around the garden. They had a summer house, and indoors there was a photo booth and a couple of arcade games. There was a pool with fairy lights and floats towards the middle of the lawn, and there was - what looked like a play park down the bottom.

"Is that a play Park?" You asked, squinting to see a couple of guys climbing up a climbing frame and handling the monkey bars.

Lucy laughed, "we can't really call it a play park so we're calling it an obstacle course."

You watched as the people collapsed into a pile on the floor. The music started getting louder, and you realised that there was a dj booth by the double doors of the living room. "Rami! Come here!"

Lucy waved her boyfriend over from the obstacle course and he was followed by his friends. "This is Y/N! My childhood best friend." You smiled as you were finally meeting with her boyfriend.

"Hi, Y/N. It's so lovely to finally meet you, I've heard so much about you." You blushed as he spoke, embracing him in a hug and accepting his kiss to each cheek.