Chapter 13 : Pregnant

Third Person POV-

Caroline emerges from the bathroom, hours later. She is all cried out, her face still flushed. Klaus is sitting on the bed, his head down between his legs. He turns to face her. "Is this too much for you Caroline?" He speaks so softly to her as she walks around to face him. Caroline sits beside him and leans into his shoulder. Klaus grabbing her thigh and rubbing it.

"I know I can be..." He begins to speak, only to have Caroline place her fingers on his soft red lips. "No...It's my turn to say I'm sorry." she brings her hands to the side of his face. She exhales "You know I'm not perfect, I have my own issues with control and can be a little neurotic." Caroline takes his hand "But I never want you to doubt that this is too much or I don't love you. I am madly, deeply all-consuming in love with you."

Klaus looking into her eyes can finally see her love for him, he crashes into her lips. "I feel like I've waited my whole life for you...love" His whispers in her ear. Caroline pulls away and places his hand on her stomach. "Klaus...I'm pregnant." She faintly says. Klaus pulls back with his hand still on her stomach. He does not move and tilts his head looking at her. "How...how are you pregnant?" He mumbles. Caroline looks at him "Klaus"

He jumps up from the bed and starts to pace, grabbing his hair. "This witch did this...it's a trick. Their playing with us." He says getting angrier the more he speaks. Caroline gets up and walks towards him. She grabs his face "No...it's not. I spoke to a witch or a sorceress yesterday. She confirmed it, she knew about the blood." Caroline tries to calm him. She turns away from him. Klaus walks out of the room and heads to his studio.

He knows if this is true, he will be a father. Could he be a good one? This is what scares him the most. He stays in his studio until morning. Caroline crawls up in the bed and cries some more. This is her worst fear, this is why she was scared to tell him. Fear of Klaus not thinking he is worthy of her love or the child's.

*********************************

The morning comes and the house is quiet, Elijah and Stefan stayed at the Estate outside of the city. Caroline gets dressed and walks out of the bedroom, looking around the house. She walks down towards the studio and it's empty. "Klaus...Klaus!!!" She yells starting to panic. Caroline searches through the house and finds no one. She finally comes back into the living room. Falling on the couch and cries. She grabs a pillow and hugs it tight. Her worse fear coming true she is alone, and the man she loves has left.

Klaus walks down the street and senses a woman following him. Looking down at his phone, seeing all the missed calls and texts from Caroline. He turns the corner into an alley. Facing his follower head on, grabbing her neck. "Who are you...why are you following me?!" He says with his jaw tight. Naomi pushes a scroll into his chest. Klaus releases her. "You're the one that spoke with Caroline." He says still holding her neck "It's true...follow me." She says. Looking back making sure he was following. As they enter her shop she speaks "Open it." Klaus looks at her and pulls the scroll back.

"That is the symbol for hybrid is it not." Naomi speaks. Klaus looks at her and says nothing. "The other symbol is light that still shines after death, Caroline. The two symbols together making one. That is the child." She walks and takes a seat at the table. Klaus moves closer "How do I you're not lying?"

"You know I'm not, you feel it. You've been a magnet to her since you laid eyes on her," she smirks. Looking up at Klaus "she is yours and you are hers. It has been written."

Klaus smirks walking around Naomi "Why is this coming to the surface now, why not before?"

"The baby had to be conceived. Caroline is carrying your child, the women you love. You and her will be a family, what you've always wanted" She smiles. "I am here to protect her and the child, you will need my help to keep the witch and Marcel from knowing." Just then a customer walks in and Klaus picks up the scroll and disappears out the back.