Chapter 4 : Holding Hearts

Third Person POV-

"No!!" He yells.

Klaus rushes towards the door. Looking back at the witch. "I will not have my hands tied with this. I want more proof." He looks at Hayley and bends down closer to her ear. "If this is a trick, I will kill you." His venom hitting her hard as he walks out.

Hayley looks back at the witch, "I told you, I was not important to him." She is scared and unsure of how this plan will play out. "I'm trusting you with my life, the information I seek better be worth it." Sophie turns to her "Then who is...say it Hayley, who is important to him." Hayley looks out through the bars in the crypt. She never wanted it to come to this.

"Caroline...Caroline Forbes." She whispers.

************************************

"Where is Caroline?" He asks Elijah.

"Thats what you want to talk about Caroline, not the possibility of you having a child." Elijah stands at the entry way. Waiting for his brother to answer.

"I am not falling for that, I told the witches I need more proof, which is why. I'm asking you to go until I finish things here." Klaus looks at his brother, searching his eyes. "You did say that you would help me, this is what I need."

"She is that important to you?" He asks already knowing the answer.

Klaus speeds over to him. He looks his brother in the eye. "She is the only thing important to me." He says sternly to Elijah.

Elijah backs up and smiles. "Then I will do it, I will go and stay there until you return."

Klaus nods his head towards his brother, he grabs his keys.

************************************

Caroline walks in to the Salvatore house, yelling for Stefan. He comes around the corner looking at the tall leggy blonde. "Caroline...she is okay, I know you talk to Bonnie." He walks towards her. "Just let us handle it...okay."

Caroline walks pass him, "Just let me try, I promise not to break her neck unless it comes to it." She turns and gives that signature smile.

As they walk down the hall Damon comes out. "Whoa...What's barbie doing here?" He looks at Stefan.

"She wants to talk to Elena for a bit."

Damon scoffs "You're the last person she wants to see Caroline, she is not herself." Caroline tilts her head a bit.

"Damon, move." She pushes him to the side a enters the room.

"Elena..." she sighs while walking in. Elena moves her head a bit and rolls her eyes at the her. "Why aren't you phone stalking Klaus?" She says shifting her weight a bit from where she sits.

"I did not come here to talk about Klaus." Raising her brows and smirking a little. "I came to check on you, even if you ruined my prom night." Caroline bends down in front of her and smiles a little.

"Please...spare me the feel good vibes Caroline, you have nothing better to do." Elena looks at her. "You know...now I see why I was always chosen over you. Your boring, a tease and stupid." Caroline moves back feeling defenseless towards her. "Your insecurities are showing Caroline, don't make it so obvious."

"Why are you making this so hard, to be your friend?!!!" Caroline shouts out.

Elena gets up and moves towards her. "Look at yourself, you are worried about graduation and school." Elena moves closer to her "We are dead, Caroline. We are vampires, it's so cute the way you try to hold on to it all."