Chapter 16

*Ace's POV*

I tried to keep Emily behind me but she wasn't happy with it. "I can take care of myself." She had said angrily. She was really stressed. I mean who wouldn't be. I walked close behind her so that I could help her if something happens. I know that she is strong and skilled at martial arts but still. We walked as quietly as we could and went into one of the rooms. I didn't really pay attention to what room it was, all I knew was that I cheated in this class. Which means it was one out of seven of my classes. "Help me find the key." Emily commanded. I walked over to the small book shelf in the corner and began to looked in between the books. Honestly this would be a good place to hide one of the keys. There were a lot of books on this small shelf. It was hard to move the books to see what was in between them. 

"Any luck?" Emily asked from the other side of the room. "Nope." I responded as I turned around to see what she was doing. "What are you doing on the floor?" I asked her, confused. She then began to rip out the carpet. "What are you doing?!" I exclaimed.  "I'm looking for the key." She said. I sighed and began to pull out the carpet as well.

A couple of minutes past and then finally I found something. "I found it!" I exclaimed as I grabbed the key. "Good job. Now let's go find the others and get out of here." Emily said as she got up. I was proud of myself. I stood up and walked over to the door. "Aren't you going to open it?" She asked me, a little annoyed. I said nothing. She then stomped towards me and shoved me out of the way. "Emily..." I began as she opened the door.

One of the men stood there and pulled the top of the gun. "Emily!" I yelled as I shoved her out of the way. The gun went off and I the wind was knocked out of me. Pain surged throughout my body as blood showed up on my shirt from my stomach. I fell on the floor and gasped for air. "Ace!" Emily screeched. She got up quickly and slammed the door on the man. She then moved the metal closet and blocked the door. My vision began to get blurry as she bent down next to me.

"Stay with me." She told me. I could hear the panic and fear in her voice. I lifted my arm slowly and place my hand on her cheek. I could feel the life draining out of me by the second. I needed to tell her. "Emily..." I began. "N-no don't talk please! We need to get you some help!" She said as a tear fell on my cheek. "Emily...please." I said. She looked at me for a little bit and then nodded. "I-I... love you...Em." I said. Her eyes widened and her face went red. My heartbeat began to slow down quickly and my vision darkened. "Wh-what?" She stuttered. I smiled and opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't. After a couple of seconds my heart stopped beating and I took my last breath in Emily's arms.