25

"Thank you." I took the coffee from the barista and felt my phone buzz. "Sierra Gilmore speaking." 

"Hey Queenie." 

"Hey babe, how's Ibiza?" 

"Hot and drunk, how's Cali?" 

"Oh god, it's so amazing. They have literally every single flavour of tea."

"Well that's very important. How's filming going?" 

"It's great, everyone's so nice and sweet. And my Co star is just the nicest person ever! I thought child stars were meant to be obnoxious divas, but Lin's supes cool. Although, I thought the same thing about you when we met." 

"Hold up, she's 'supes cool'? I think we need to get you out of there Queenie."

"Haha, very funny. When you're in Cali a while, you kinda pick up the slang. Anyway, how are the guys doing? Are you taking turns walking Finn?" 

I walked out of the coffee shop and we continued to talk as I walked back to the studio. "I miss you so much, I wish you were here Queenie." 

"Aw, I know babe but I'm gonna come see you at Christmas. Where will you even be then anyway?" 

"If the schedule doesn't change we'll be in Maui." 

"So close to home and yet so far away. Have you seen Honor?" 

"Yeah she and Josh came to visit in Santorini."

As I walked down the street I saw a familiar face. "I'm gonna have to call you back, I gotta get to work. Say hi to the boys for me."

I ended the call and followed the blond guy before being sure who it was. "Bible boy?!" 

He spun around on his heel, knowing there were only 2 people who called him that. "Maggie? What are you doing in California?" 

"I could ask you the same question! How was military school?" 

"Hard. Do you wanna go grab a bite and catch up?" 

"Oh, I would but I'm here on work. Tomorrow's my day off though, so call me. Here's my number." 

I handed him my business card from my purse and checked my watch. "Holy shit, I'm so late, it was great seeing you Tris, call me!" I ran back to the studio in record time and went straight into hair & makeup. 

The next day, I was sat having lunch with Tristan at a cafe near my hotel. "So, Tristan DuGrey, what brings you to the great state of California?"

"Dad wanted me to handle some business. What about you? Why are you here? How's Rory?" 

"Woah, one question at a time dude. I'm actually here working on a film, it's pretty exciting. Rory's great, she's in Europe, Bulgaria at the moment."

"Woah, cool." 

"Yeah. So anyway, what have you been up to? What was Military school like? Did you have to get a buzz cut? Because I know how much you love your hair." 

"Ha ha. Military school was so different to Chilton. I'm actually going to Princeton in the fall, how about you?" 

"Oh, well you know me. I'm a Yalie through and through. My boyfriend actually goes there, but he's taking a year off to sail the world with his friends."

"Nice. So, Maggie, what have you been up to since we last spoke?" 

"Well a lot of stuff happened bible boy. Rory and her perfect boyfriend broke up."

"Really? I honestly thought those two would be together in a nursing home. What happened?" He took a sip of his drink after speaking, but spit it out at my answer.

"She fell in love with my boyfriend."

"She what?"

"So, this guy Jess came to town right? He was pretty hot so I flirted with him, we went out a couple times but anyone could see that those two had sexual tension since they met. I broke up with Jess but it took Deano a little longer to get the message. But he did, rather publicly I might add. Those two started going out, but then Jess didn't turn up to school enough to graduate, so he ran off to California."

"Damn. For a small town, you sure get a whole lot of drama."

"You know it." I sipped my tea.

"So what about you? You mentioned a boyfriend?"

"Oh yeah. Logan. He goes to Yale, my grandparents love him, he's really sweet and a bit of an idiot."

"How long have you been together?"

"Since October. What about you? Has any girl caught the eye of Tristan Dugray?"

"Not since the Gilmore Girls."

"So, Princeton?"

"Yep. It's Dugray tradition."

"Of course."

"Anyway, tell me about your movie."

"Well, I play the main character, who's name is Sienna funnily enough, and it's a horror movie. Basically it's about this girl who's a Senior, going back to her home town where her best friend died on Halloween 3 years ago. She and her other best friend, Rick, uncover the truth of what happened to their friend and kinda fall in love along the way. "

"Wow sounds cool."

"It is. We're a month and a half into filming, and it finishes the day before school starts. Also, Rory has now decided that she wants to go to Yale which is interesting at least."

"So I've got no shot with either of the Gilmore Twins?"

"Nope." I popped the p.

"Anyway, when's your film coming out?"

"Next year. They haven't set an exact date yet, but yeah."

"Well it's been great talking to you, Maggie, but I have to go, you know how business is."

"I really don't, but goodbye, Bible Boy."

Flash-back Sophomore Year

I was getting my Chem book out of my locker when a tall blonde idiot sauntered over. "Hey Mary."

"Mary? Who are you calling Mary?"

"You. Innocent, Sweet, Pure. Total Mary."

"Oh really? You sure about that?"

He just smirked and leaned in to me, whispering, "Yup." Popping the p.

He started to walk away when I grabbed his arm. "Hey, DuGray!"

I smirked at him and pushed him against the locker next to mine. I pinned him to the metal doors and leaned into him, smashing my lips on his, which he quickly returned.

I pulled away, smirking. "Still think I'm a Mary?"

I grabbed my bag and strutted off, stopping halfway down the hall to blow him a kiss. "Until next time, Bible Boy!"

The next day, I was stood by my locker again when Tristan walked up to me. "What now, Bible Boy?"

"Just wanted to say hi, Mary Magdalene."

"Call me Maggie." I smirked at him and kissed him on the cheek. "Carry my books?"

I cocked my head innocently and he grabbed them out of my hand. "Of course, Maggie."