5

As soon as I got home, I ran into my room away from my Mom and Rory who had gone to Luke’s for a coffee and to eat their Hector's tacos. I unclasped my hand and there was the napkin. I picked up my cell phone and called the number I had practically memorised from staring at it. “Huntzberger here.”

“Uh hey.”

“Hey. Who is this?”

“Oh right, it's Sierra, from the coffee cart. Anyway, I just realised that I uh didn't say thank you for helping me out earlier so thanks I guess.” I rambled nervously.

“It was a pleasure to help out a lovely lady such as yourself.”

“Uh right then. This is dumb, I shouldn't have called, sorry.” I was about to hang up when he interrupted me.

“Wait, are you free Friday night?”

I was shocked by the question. “Unfortunately I have to go to dinner with my grandparents.”

“Oh I actually meant to ask you about them.”

“Who, my grandparents?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Wow, you sure do know how to charm a girl Logan.”

“Haha no. They were at Yale right? I saw them in the hall where we dropped you off.”

“That was them, yes.” I laughed wanting to know where this was going.

“I feel like I've met them before but I can't figure out where.”

“Hmm, their names are Richard and Emily Gilmore.”

“Wait, you're a Gilmore?”

“Generally speaking, yes.”

“What's your last name?”

“Gilmore.” I spoke slowly, as if teaching a 4 year old how to read.

“Oh Well that's great.”

“Excuse me?” I laughed, having no idea where the conversation was going.

“Well, I'm Logan Huntzberger and my parents are Mitchum and Shira.”

“Holy shit, my sister literally idolised your dad. She was kinda obsessed with him when we were 12.”

“Oh god.”

“I know right. She's weird. I, like any normal child, was obsessed with Harry Potter and NSYNC. She was crazy about Newspaper moguls, Tolstoy and Christiane Amanpour. Always a weird child.”

“Ok, well I'll try not to hold it against her when I meet her.”

“Maybe you won't meet her, maybe I'll stop my innocent little sister from being corrupted by you and playboy friends.”

“Hmm, what about you though?”

“What about me?”

“If you're so busy protecting your perfect sister, what's gonna stop us from corrupting you?”

“Oh I'm counting on you corrupting me. The most excitement I get in this town is Luke arguing with Taylor about decorating his diner. I mean, I get small town charm, but when everyone knows everyone it's kind of annoying.”

“Remind to never come to your weird town.”

“No promises, Huntzberger. Anyway, did you want to know anything else other than about my grandparents and sister, because believe me I'm fed up of talking about her. What were we saying before we started talking about my family?”

“Oh yeah, when are you free?”

“Um, I'm free on either next Saturday or tomorrow. Why? Are you gonna ask me on a date?” I joked laughing.

“Uh, kind of, yeah.”

“Wait, what?”

“So, how would you like to meet me for dinner tomorrow?”

“You're serious?”

“Yup.”

“Well, I guess, but I'd have to drive because I do not want you coming here. But how do you know I don't live 8 hours away?”

“Ah, elementary my dear Queenie. You are related to Richard and Emily Gilmore who live in Hartford, Connecticut. You also say you're having dinner with them on Friday, and I doubt you'd go so far just for dinner since it isn't a special holiday. And you said you go to Chilton, which is also in Hartford so you wouldn't go to a school that far away from your house, and you said you live in a small town so it would be a small town near Hartford and considering how small you say, I deduce that you live in Stars Hollow.” My jaw dropped, but I quickly composed myself.

“Wow, stalker much? You should join the FBI Sherlock.”

He laughed. God, what a nice laugh. “I'm gonna take that as a compliment. Anyway, you, me, dinner tomorrow, I'll text you the time and address, wear something nice.”

“It's a date. I will see you on the morrow, Sherlock.”

“I look forward to it, Queenie.”

He turned off the phone and rejoined his friends, a wide smile on his face. “What has you so giddy Huntzberger? You certainly weren't as happy as this a minute ago.” Finn and Colin stared at their friend with confusion, and a little amusement.

“Oh, it's nothing.”  Colin raised an eyebrow. “Really? Nothing? Last time I checked nothing didn't make you practically skip all the way over here after a call. Who's the unlucky girl?” Logan shook his head. “Oh, just someone I met earlier.”

“So it wouldn't happen to be the blonde you were pining over at the coffee cart would it? You know, the one who made you jump with excitement when she gave you her number.” Logan shrugged. “It might be.”

“Oh that poor high schooler doesn't know what she got herself into.” Finn commented while downing shots. “Very funny, Finn. Anyway it's not like she's coming over for a booty call, we're just getting to know each other over dinner.” The two boys either side of him smirked with a knowing look in their eyes. “Sure. So, where are you taking her?”

“La Boutina.”

“God, Huntzberger, can you get anymore expensive?”

“Probably, anyway she's a Gilmore, she's probably used to it.”

“What? Shakespeare girl's a Gilmore? As in the Hartford Gilmores?” Logan nodded at Colin. “Well you sure got lucky there dude. She's smart, hot and someone you can take to events without her making a fool of herself.”

“That she is.”

“When is this date, then?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Well, have you made the reservation at La Boutina yet? That can be pretty hard to do on such short notice, Loggins.” Finn joined in with his own commentary.

“Please, I'm a Huntzberger.”