4

“Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit.” The papers scattered around in front of me and, as I bent down to pick them up, my herbal tea went all over them. I started picking up pages and shaking them, trying to dry them out.  

Only a few feet away from the coffee kiosk stood a blond, and two brunette guys talking. All 3 guys noticed the girl and the blonde one was particularly fascinated with her, shamelessly checking her out. “Would you look at the poor girl. I think I should go and help her out.” One of the brunettes, the tan one with a sneaky smile on his face, spoke in an unmistakable Australian accent and went to go over to her, before being stopped by the blonde. “I'm sure the girl has enough trouble without you dragging her to your bed.” He then walked over to the girl, and bent down to pick up some of her things. “You don't look like you're having a good day.”

I looked up from where I had been trying to organise the pages. I looked at the guy in front of me. He clearly went here, and spoke with a kind of cocky playboy tone. I looked at his face and oh my god he was gorgeous. I swallowed my awe and pretended like he hadn't affected me at all. After all, I am an actress. “No, I'm clearly not having a good day. It was good, then my stupid sister had to take it over with all her perfection and stole my meeting and now I've dropped my bible all over the floor!” I said without thinking, my mind going back to the class when I was given the script and the teacher said it would be our bible.

He glanced at the pages in his hand. “Hmm, A Midsummer Nights Dream isn't really the bible if you ask me.” I shook my head. “No shit, Sherlock. It's the script for my play, I'm an actress.” He nodded his head. “I see. I'm Logan.” He stood up and held out his hand. “Sierra.” I took his hand and he pulled me up.

I looked into his eyes. They were a gorgeous light brown, and they sparkled. Ugh, why did he have to be so hot. “Well, Sierra, I haven't seen you here before. I think I'd remember such a pretty face.”

“Oh wow, great pick up line, I'm sure all the girls fall for you with that one.” I rolled my eyes. He laughed. “Stunning and witty. Leave a little for us lesser mortals would you?” I shrugged. “Hmm, I'll think about it. Anyway, you haven't seen me before, I don't go here.”

“Ah, I see, so you're just here for the terrible coffee then?” I shook my head. “Not exactly. See, I'm a senior at Chilton Private school, and my grandfather is a Yale alumnus, anyway he had some acapella group reunion so he invited me and my sister to come see the school and tour his alma mater, and he even said he would set me up a meeting with the Dean of admissions. But then, we got here, and he had set up a meeting for my perfect angelic sister first, who, by the way, has dreamed of going to Harvard since she was 3!” I rambled out in true Gilmore style. And then, as an afterthought, I added, “And I prefer tea anyway.”

“Jeez, sounds like you really did have a bad day.” I nodded. “And this is just the icing on top of the cake!” I gestured to my script scattered all across the courtyard. I looked around to see the courtyard was now empty, bar 2 other guys in the corner who were staring at us with eyebrows raised and cocky smirks. “I'm sorry, you probably don't care about my problems, so I'll just be going so you can get to class.” I quickly grabbed all the remaining pages and stuffed them into my binder. “Nonsense, you've been great company. Way better than those 2 bozos.” I laughed as he pointed at the guys in the corner, who decided to walk forward at that very moment.

“I'm Finn, love. And can I just say you sure are dramatic.” He had a really hot accent. “Thanks it comes in handy as a drama student, and can I just say you sure do have a hot as hell accent.” He laughed. “I like this one.” The other guy stepped toward me. “I'm Colin, and word of advice, don't go home with Finn unless you want an STD, he's eternally drunk.”