2

The next few weeks were filled with drama and unnecessary arguments between Mom and Grandma with me and Rory as the middle men. Thankfully, they managed to get over it and Grandma even had lunch with Mom at Luke's.

Rory also got in a feud with Paris and Francie, leader of the Puffs of which we were both members - well, almost. Oh, wait I forgot the best part. Kirk asked Mom on a date! Kirk, the oddball of Stars Hollow, with a different job every week, asked my mom, one of the most eligible bachelorettes in town, on a date. It was hilarious.

Also, applications for college arrived and we had an assembly at school with Admissions officers and Rory got really freaked out. I, of course, was very calm with my amazing essay topic of Queen Elizabeth 2nd. Mom and Rory went to meet a Harvard Alumnus while I stayed at home and worked on my essay. Apparently I missed out on good chicken though.

Dad's girlfriend had a baby shower and invited me and Rory, then Mom got roped into coming. By the end of the day however, we were throwing devilled eggs at Jess' car, who by the way, apparently now works at Walmart.

And that brings us to now: The Stars Hollow Annual 24-hour Dance Marathon. Rory partnered up with Mom and the chemistry between Rory and Jess is at an all time high. But, she's still with Dean. I mean, when you break up with a guy because he's in love with your sister, you expect him to do something about it rather than just find some blonde bimbo to suck the face off of.

Anyway, I have no dance partner which is good because I did this last year with Mom before she collapsed in my arms. So this year, I'm helping Taylor officiate the event. I get to use a megaphone.

In other news, Paris went on a date with a college guy. Apparently he goes to Princeton and they met in Washington over the summer. Wow, I wanna go on a date with a college guy. Can't let Paris Geller outrank me in date-prowess.

Finally, the time came for the marathon to begin. Taylor explained the rules as I got out my Midsummer Nights Dream script for school, and started to read through my part of Helena, my favourite character.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Everyone started dancing and the vibe was so positive and happy. A few hours in, I went up to Taylor and asked if I could do some singing along with the band, because despite my dreams of being an actress I am also a definite musical theater kid, which everyone knew since I starred in all of the Stars Hollow School Musicals. I started to sing one of my favourite 50s songs, Born to hand Jive from the iconic dance off scene in Grease. I think I really lifted the mood, right before the run around.

Then, the 10 minute break came and Rory & Dean had a pretty dramatic confrontation with Jess & Shane over by the eggless egg salad sandwiches that Lane's mom made. After that, Taylor pretty much fell asleep and it was up to me to keep the vibe going. "OK, everyone let's pick up the pace a little huh? And can I please remind the young man sitting on the bench sucking the fake platinum blonde's face off, that that kind of behaviour is not appropriate for this event, it is a family scene. Thank you." That got a few laughs, and a glare from Shane but who cares about her? Not Jess, that's for sure.

Then, Mom's heel broke off and Dean had to hold Rory up to stop her from falling. Jess did not look happy about that.

Then, Jess and Rory had a very heated argument. The sexual tension was so thick you couldn't even cut it with a chainsaw. I walked over there just in time to hear Jess say, "Just ignore me and pay attention to your boyfriend." Then Dean took Rory's arm off of him and said, "She can't, I'm not her boyfriend anymore." Jess' eyes lit up. 'Finally!' I thought to myself.

"You know, I tried to ignore this, I really did. But, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. You don't wanna be with me, Rory!"

"Yes I do." Rory looked desperate, poor girl.

"Oh please! You've been into him since he got to town, even when he was dating your sister. And I've spent weeks - months actually - trying to convince myself that it wasn't true, that everything was fine between us, but now I know that I was an idiot! You're into him, and he's into you and Shane, who by the way should be listening to this, because it's so damn obvious!"

"What's obvious? What did I do?"

"Everyone can see, Rory! Even your own sister, who I'm pretty sure broke up with him because she could tell that you liked each other, just like I should have done. But, now I'm tired. I'm over it. So go ahead, go, be with him! Nothing's stopping you, cause I'm out!" He then walked away leaving poor Rory heartbroken on the dance floor.

Then, Taylor woke up and tried to get Rory out, but instead I ran in there with her. "Hey, you okay?" She put her head on my shoulder as I held her. "Did you really break up with him for me?"

I smiled. "Yes. You and Jess fell head over heels for each other, and everyone but the two of you, and apparently Shane, could tell. I just want you to be happy, Rory. I mean, after this year we'll be separated. I'll be going to Yale or Julliard, and you'll be off to Harvard. I'm just trying to look out for you little sis." She then walked off and I held up her yellow card for her and kept dancing because I have great energy.

But apparently, I was disqualified which, by the way, was incredibly rude. There's nothing in the rules against replacing someone. Oh well, Rory and Dean are done but Rory and Jess is just beginning. Now, I just have to find a boyfriend.