Chapter 7

*A year later*

*Emma's P.O.V*

Jack and I decided we didn't want to get married right away. I was still trying to adjust to life as a new mom, and I was just still trying to process that all of this was happening. It really didn't take long for Johnson to realize that G and I were really happy with each other, and we loved each other, so, so much, and he invited G to move back in with us, which G happily accepted. We spent a few months living together, spending time together as an engaged couple and the family we should have been in the beginning. Jack spent his time adjusting to his new life being a full time dad, and he loved every single minute of it. Seeing the smile on his face taking care of his son made my heart so full. I loved that we were becoming the family that I always dreamed of having. After a few months of living here with J, Jack came home with a key in his hand. When I asked what the key was for, he told me that it was for our new house, and that was where the adventure of packing up all our things and moving into the house of our own began. Moving and getting settled in took a few months, putting off the wedding process just a little, but once we got settled in, that's when we put the wedding planning into full effect, and that brings me to present day: the day I'm marrying the love of my life.

--------------------

I sat in my dressing room as my mom curled my hair, looking over the vows I wrote down only days earlier, when I heard a sudden crash come from the other side of the door. I look up at my mom through the mirror and laughed, knowing that it was most likely my brother, being crazy as always.

(Mom) "Are you nervous? You seem like it, you're awfully quiet."

(Me) "Yeah, just a little."

(Mom) "I remember being nervous on my wedding day."

(Me) "Which one?" I glanced up at my mom and she rolled her eyes at me.

(Mom) "Emma, when I married your father, I was young, just like you. We had done plenty of stupid things together, and on my wedding day I started to second guess everything, except my decision. I knew my decision was right, I knew this was what I wanted, but I was afraid of what everyone thought. I kept that inside though, I didn't say anything and it was a nightmare honestly, but seeing all the positive feedback afterwards, made me know I did the right thing, that was until our divorce, but your father wasn't a good man, and things like that happen in life. That's what led to me being so nervous when I married your step-dad. I was afraid that everything was going to turn out the same exact way, but it didn't, it hasn't, and I know it's not going to."

I smiled at my mom as she paused what she was saying.

"Emma, you have chosen a wonderful man. Jack is fantastic. I know that there were some things that happened, some things that shall not be mentioned, but one single mistake does not shape your entire future. It's normal for every woman to nervous on their wedding day, and after all that you have been through, I understand why you are nervous, but you shouldn't be. I have never met a more kind hearted man than Jack. I know he has very good intentions for his future with you, and I see the way he makes you so, so happy. Emma I could tell you weren't the same without him that little bit you two weren't together, you didn't have that same smiley attitude. Jack really makes you happy, and that makes me happy. You're marrying a wonderful man."

I turned to look at my mom with tears in my eyes. There wasn't a lot that could be said that could make me cry, but hearing my mom tell me she very much approved of Jack made me very happy.

(Me) "Thank you mom. That means a lot"

(Mom) "You're welcome honey. Now don't cry, you'll mess up your makeup."