Meet the Preachas son

*some time later*

Rev. Brown paused as she walked passed the room....... The tears formed in her eyes as she stared into what once was his room ....... "Mildred .. don't do this ......"  Dea. Brown came up behind and held her ...... IT was difficult for the both of them, but slowly they've come around to not having him there .... "Walter .. did we have to change his room though??? It was like that was the only piece of him left here ......." Rev. Brown said as she embraced her husband ...... This was something she never thought she’d have to do ... Say goodbye to one of her children ........

"Millie .... you know the best way to get on with our lives was to do that ..... and now we need to get back to church ...... This is the first Sunday you are presiding over since .... well ...since that night .... and the Lord has a word for you to give the people ........"  Rev. Brown thought ..... they had been though a lot over the course of the summer prompting Rev. Brown to enlist the services of one of her friends to pastor the church while they got things settled .......

It wasn't an easy transition for anyone ..... None of the kids wanted to accept it at first ... Marquice went into a slump where he wouldn't talk to anyone .... Ever since the whole Patrick thing .. Jamal had been the only one he could confide in .... Jamal never told their parents .... and he never felt strong enough to do anything ....... The other kids .... well ... you could tell the difference with the entire family .... but one by one .. they got themselves together and started off toward a new beginning ...... 

They were at church and surprised to see a crowd of people standing outside the building they had renovated ...... "Looks like the flock are ready to be fed ...."  Dea. Brown said as he opened the door for his wife ..... She was dressed in her traditional flowing white dress that was accented by blue jewelry ...... In Rev . Brown fashion .. she wore a hat that was not to be fucked with ..... Rev. Brown was back .... well in a sense ... she had learned something’s about herself as well as others through this whole situation ......

She learned that even with an iron fist, one person can't control another or their actions ... and if you don't realize .. life can be taken away ..... So she vowed to live each day with love, compassion, and appreciate the small things in life ...... Never again would her heart be cold as ice..... nor would she make things go her way .... This was God's plan ... and who was she to interfere? She walked among the members hand in hand with her family ....... Everyone knew what happened ... even about her first husband ...... and she held her head up high ........

Outside the church another vehicle pulled up .... inside were Jay, Q, Deuce, and Berry .... After that night .... things had changed between everyone ..... Although Deuce and Berry blamed themselves for what happened .. they soon saw past their sadness and found peace .... When Jay told them that his aunt was preaching for the first time, everyone wanted to be there ..... no questions asked ...... Deuce shook off his nervousness ... He hadn't seen the family since that afternoon .....  He didn't know what to say then .... but Dea. Brown assured him that things were fine ... and he was welcomed anytime ......

"You sure we wanna do this??? I mean ... I just don't feel right ...." Deuce said as he looked at the people go into the church ...... "There u go again ... are u sure u got nuts??? Cause u really be feeling that Snatch" Berry said as everyone laughed it off ...... "Look Deuce ... you need to be strong man ... it’s been a while ..... I know u still love him ...but .... well I understand. .. it’s been difficult for me ... but you need to be strong ....."  Jay said as he adjusted his shades .... In true form he was actually talking to himself ......

Maybe giving Jamal the jeep was a bad idea .. look wat happened .... but he had moved past that and was ready to get moving again ....... Behind them Akeem and Marcus had come down from school at Howard ... They left shortly after graduation ....... and never looked back ... "You ready?" Akeem asked as he saw the look of uncertainty in Marcus' face ..... "I ... Maybe this was a bad idea ..... we aint been back since graduation.... and just show up ..... No calls ... Rev. Brown asked us to stay in contact at graduation ... and we didn’t ....."  Akeem put his lips on Marcus's ....... "Better now?" he asked with a sly grin .......