it's all coming back

Earlier at the hotel
Akeem and Marcus had gone to pick up some food and drinks to recoup from their activities ….. “I don’t know why you be fronting … U wanted it as many times I as I did ….” Akeem playfully tapped Marcus who had complained he was worn out ……. “Uh .. No comment ….” He spat back as he tapped him on the chin and took off running  …… The night had went so great … The prom was fun, and now they were together …… no parents to bother them ….. No nothing ……
They ran through the parking lot, and Akeem finally caught up and scooped Marcus up …… “Now wats all this ying yang u talking?”  Before Marcus could answer ….. “Oh so we have the Prom Fairies here do we???” They turned around and saw four people from their school …They did not recognize them, but anyone with a brain could tell they were visibly intoxicated ……. “Uh … dude we don’t want any trouble ……”  Akeem spoke as he put Marcus down ……. “Trouble???? Nah Ur faggity ass asked for trouble bringing that sin shyt to our school and to our prom ….”  The leader spoke up … he stood about 6’4, white, athletic build ….. The rest of the group were overweight and big …….

Akeem turned to Marcus and told him to run …… “Where you think u going sweet thing???” The person asked as they blocked Marcus’ path …. “Yea …. The party just starting ……” The other guys chimed in …. “Look …. Whatever you got planned … don’t involve us … we aint got anything to do with that okay??? Just me and my friend having a good time before we graduate … just like you …..”  Akeem looked at the guy who was talking … “Tommy???”  Tommy was a kid Akeem hung with in 7th grade … they had did the usually exploring which ended up with Akeem banging his back out ….. After that summer, however … they lost touch …… and Tommy moved away ……… But Tommy never forgave Akeem for doing that .. He blamed his feelings toward guys on that whole summer experience …..

“Oh now u remember me …… no worries though … this time .. Imma fuck you … and we might let your boyfriend off easy …..” Tommy spoke as they encircled them …… Marcus flinched as one of the guys touched his face …. “Get the hell away from him !!!!!” Akeem yelled as he lunged forward ….. He caught the guy with his fist, but the other guys started punching him …… Akeem fought back, but they kept punching him … he felt a blow to his back ….. Marcus stood by for what seemed like only a second and then flew into action ….. Not being one of the bigger guys in his family, his Dad, signed him up for defense training ……. And especially after, they found out about his sexuality ….. “Aint gonna be no sissy ass punk in my family” his dad would say ……

It was second nature to him as he punched the guy in the throat ….. Tommy ran toward him but Marcus clipped him and kicked out to one of the other dudes that was following him … Hunched over in pain Tommy swept under Marcus’s foot and got him on thee ground …… They all joined in kicked him, but that only lasted for a few minutes as a rage came over Marcus and he jumped up and started his attack again … this time however, Tommy and his bois ended up on the ground ….. By that time hotel security had responded because of the imaging they saw on the screens ….. 
Back at the hospital

The words came from Mr. Lucas’ mouth, but Jamal was in shock so he really wasn’t listening  …….. He thought back to the last year …. He thought back to the first time he found out about Akeem and Marcus … the times after school … in the hotel ….. In the car ……..  He didn’t blink …..

“Jamal … son .. Did you hear me?? I said Akeem is gonna be okay  ….. Marcus took most of the beating because he protected Akeem …… Aside from bruises, he’s fine …….”  “They both gonna be ok???” Jamal finally asked …..  “Yea …… If you wanna see them …. You can go in for a while … Marcus is gonna be released in the morning .. And Akeem will be released as soon as the specialist can assure his back is ok …….” Mr. Lucas spoke as he patted Jamal on the back ……..

Jamal walked in the room and saw monitors and wires …. Needless to say Hospitals weren’t  Jamal’s favorite places … Marcus lay in the bed … his face a little swollen …… Jamal looked and wasn’t going to say anything … he turned to walk away … “U must have got sum cause u walking with a limp …..”  Marcus said …. Jamal smiled … Marcus had a way of always making fun of a situation ……. “Wateva trick …… you and ur romps … lemme find out u Van Diesel …..” Jamal said as he went over to the bed ……

Marcus laughed lightly …. “Mal .. I dunno … I just … I just saw Akeem down … and I just did whatever ……”  “Its all good … They got the dudes and wats important is that you guys are ok ……..”  The room grew silence as Jamal sat down … well tried to sit down ….. “Owww” he grunted as he took his seat ….. “Owww??? …Oh naw …. U kno I needs to hear about this …….. IT was that Du right guy  wasn’t it???”  Marcus forgot all about his pain ……. He really felt bad that Jamal aint have anyone after Kevin died ……. And to hear him getting his made the beating he took seem like nothing ……… Or it coulda been the morphine he was on ………

“Uhh … It wasn’t Will Du ……” Jamal’s voice trailed off ….. “It … it was Deuce ….” Marcus got the biggest grin on his face that showed each tooth …….. “U mean that hella sexy dude that kinda reminds you of Nelly from the Barber shop???” “You kno Marcus … I thinks you are becoming faggified …… and yes …..thats him ….” “Watever Mal …. I aint even kno he got down …. Hell .. I aint even kno yall knew each other like that …….”  He paused …… “He must be special to you … cause guy … you are like shining just thinking about him ……. And I kno u don’t give it up easily either ……. Glad he knocked that dust off cause u have been …..” Jamal spoke … “Finish that statement and I’ll make sure you need to stay overnight …….”  They both laughed ……….

“I’m sorry sir, but he needs to get his rest …. You can come and visit later today …” The Nurse peaked in ….. Jamal looked at Marcus …. “Look man … I’m fine … well I kno I’m fine … but I mean …I’m good …… and Akeem will be also ……. Just come back tomorrow … and soak that ass …..I’m sure you took a beating just as bad as I did …….”  Jamal couldn’t help but join Marcus in laughing ….. “I guess ……. I’ll be back tomorrow …..” Jamal walked to the door ……. “I love you man …”Marcus said……Jamal turned around … to make sure he had heard that …. “I …love you too bro …. Take Care”  and he walked down the hall …..

Jamal listened to Eric Benet as he drove home ….. Aside from it all it was a great weekend … and he was still thinking bout Deuce ….. He pulled up to the driveway …….. and he noticed Marquice outside on the stairs ……… “Must have left his key ……”  Rev. Brown was infamous for not opening the door at night after 12 …… AS he walked up he noticed he was crying …….. “Marc ….wat happened???” He looked up and Jamal gasped as he saw the bruising on his face ……… “Don’t touch it man ……”  Marquice pulled away ……….

“Well tell me what happened …… was it at the after party or sumthing????” Jamal asked as he sat down beside his brother …….. “Jamal …. Look ….. I ….”  Marquice sighed … and more tears fell from his face …… “Wat is it …. I kno u aint too cool on the gay thing, but I’m your brother before any of that ……..”  In a low voice ….. “Patrick did it …..” he turned away from Jamal …… Jamal blinked his eyes … he didn’t hear those words ……… “What you mean Patrick did it???” he asked afraid that he knew the answer ………

“Look Mal ….. you think you the only one that likes guys????  No you not … and he knew it … and we started hanging out … and we did things …. Like THINGS …. And then he started to change … talking bout guys don’t do relationships and he got rough … and tonight after church …… I aint feel like doing anything …. I wanted to go home … and then he did it ….. He hit me  ….. and choked me … and pissed on me …… Saying I deserved it because I was a faggit ……”

Jamal had that blank look on his face ….. he knew all too well what Patrick was capable of …. But not his own brother ……. “Why didn’t you come to me??”  “Because …. I didn’t think you would get me …… fuck I don’t even get me … one day I’m just hangin with Craig and them at youth night … and then next thing .. I’m getting felt up at the lock in …… and  I ….”  Marquice cried on Jamal’s shoulder ……… “I didn’t want to be like this … weak …… I mean you aren’t … why can’t I be ….”

Jamal tried to control his own emotions …….. but he knew how Patrick could be …….  But at that moment … Jamal didn’t care about what happened to him … He only cared about Marquice …….. and making sure he was there for his brother ……….  He got Marquice to get in the car and they went back to Jay’s house ……. He left a message with his mom saying that they would go to school from there …… It was definely going to be a long nite ……