After the storm

“Are you sure about this???”  Jamal shook his head …… “Well I guess it don’t matter …… Now does it?”  Tears streamed from his eyes …. He closed them and then …. “AHHHHHHHHHHHH” His stomach felt like it was in his ears …….. He bounced up and down on the bungee cord ……. It was Senior Skip day and of course all of the seniors trekked up to Kings Dominion ……. He and Marcus took the ‘Plunge of Death’  and were laughin the entire time.

Four months had passed and things were getting better … Akeem was at A transitional Hospital where he was getting the therapy he needed …. The doctors even said he may be able to function without the brace ……… Marcus kinda fell into Jamal’s clique … Mitch and Lexx couldn’t keep their eyes off him …….. Jamal laughed at the thought of either one of them tryin to step to Marcus …… for the most part today was about having fun tho ….. right before senior exams …. And of course prom …… 

They went from ride to ride …… laughin and jokin the entire way through the park ….. The eventually ended up at a table eating lunch ……… “So uh Marcus … how u enjoying urself …..”  Mitch asked as he rubbed his leg …….. “Oh shyt .. I’m all good …… Thanks for inviting me …..”  Marcus smiled and went back to eating his pizza hoping that Mitch’s hand wouldn’t be on his leg for to long ……… “Oh any time pa ……”  “Aiight Mitch .. down boi ….”  Jamal said …. “ U always tryin me ….” Mitch yelled ……. 

“So what’s next?”  Marcus asked as he got up …… “I dunno … how bout we go to club up here tonight?? I kno its gonna be packed …… and we can stay at mah boi house in the city ……” Lexx asked …. Everyone looked at him ….. “Wat?????”  He asked …… “Nah its ….its cool … If yall wanna go …I’m down …”  Marcus said …. He hadn’t really thought about the club …. Since that night ……. “Oh shyt .. Mah bad boo …I just wasn’t thinking … to much of that coke-lara …. Boo …..” Lexx tried to lightened the mood ….. “Are u sure Marcus … I mean I kno the club really aint ur scene ……”  Jamal asked …. Worried that he may not be comfortable …….

“Nah …Im down …. Besides .. I need to be shirtless sumwhere tonight anwyayz ……”  “U can be shirtless at my place …..”  Mitch said under his breath …… Jamal rolled his eyes …. “He gotta man …. So step off ….” They spent the rest of the day seein the sites and just enjoying the day …….  That night they stopped pass one of Lexx’s friends house ……. The door opened and a guy that resembled Kobe Bryant stood at the door shirtless … his chest light brown and firm …. And a six pack of abs that lead down to some jeans …….. 

“Wat it do Sexi Lexi? And I see you brought sum play toys ……”  He licked his lips as each of them walked in ….. Jamal couldn’t keep his eyes off the man …… before Jamal walked in ….. “I’m Tony …… and you are?”  “Ja … Mall ..... Jamal ….” Tony took Jamal’s hand and seductively kissed it …….  “Girl …. U already done started???” Lexx yelled from the living room ……… Tony let go of his hand and closed the door …… Marcus pulled Jamal aside …. “Umm … wat do we have here?”  Jamal blushed ….. “I don’t kno … but it can’t be good if we stay here …….”  Marcus nodded in agreement …….

They all got dressed and was on their way to the club …. Tony had this Expedition and he insisted that he drive them to Colors ……. Jamal sat up front of course ….. and Mitch was in the back right beside Marcus …. Who was tryin to talk to Akeem ……. “Yea I swear I’m alright … we gonna stay up tonight … and then come back tomorra …. Love you too kiddo ….” Once inside the club everyone went their own ways …. Jamal and Marcus hung over by the windows on the Dyke side since it was so hot …… They laughed and danced a lil …… The slo set came on and most of the floor cleared …… 

As Jamal was leaving the floor … He felt a tap on his shoulder ….. “U think I could have this dance?” Tony didn’t give him time to answer and took him on the floor …… Keisha Cole’s ‘I Remember’ was playing … whether it was the drinks …… the scent of Tony’s cologne … of just the sex appeal … Jamal was feeling something ….. Tony grinded into Jamal and storked his face ……. “So where u been hiding?” he asked as he kissed on Jamal’s neck ……. “Um … well …. Just been at home ….and church ….”  Jamal didn’t kno wat to say …….

“Well I found u now … and I’m not letting go …..”  Tony squeezed him tight and continued to dance as the song  faded out …. Jamal didn’t notice all eyes on he and Tony …… “Girl … she back in business ….” They all laughed as Jamal quickly blushed ….. Tony smiled …… He enjoyed the way Jamal felt while they were dancing and hoped to get closer to knowing who he was …….

After the club let out everyone piled in the truck …… and headed over to IHOP …… 
Jamal started to sit by Marcus but of course Mitch was all over that ……. Leaving him the seat next to Tony ….. “Don’t worry … I won’t bite ….”  Jamal smiled … he secretly hoped he did bite ……… They ordered their food and Jamal learned that Tony had just moved up from Hampton to attend VCU and was working on his degree …… His parents paid for him to live off campus ….. and he really didn’t have much to do ….. He also learned about his past …. Tony told him bout his ex … they lived together and everything …. And then one day he came home to find the guy in a threesome in their bed ……….

Jamal listened as he told the story so easily ……. “Wow … that’s crazy …… Some people just don’t kno …..” Jamal said as he ate his food ….. “Yea … well everything happens for a reason … some folk are in your life for a season … others are there more permanently …..” Tony replied …… “Well if you two are finish analyzing your palms and stuff can we get goin??? I need to jump on the line to get me a piece before we leave ….” Lexx was ready to go and get his …….. Tony paid the check ….. and they were off to the apartment …..

Everyone got settled in ……. Tony had a guest room and a sofa bed ……. Marcus slept on the sofa bed and Mitch and Lexx took the guest room ….. Jamal was walking down the stairs … “Where u going sexi?”  Tony asked … He was in some shorts and a t-shirt … his hair under a durag …….. “I was uh … going to bed ……”  “Right … so come on …..”  Tony grabbed his hand … Jamal kinda liked how he never really had a chance to say no ……. 

Tony’s room was huge … he had a large pillar bed set … and music was playing ….. Jamal sat at the bed ….. “Come on … I promise … I’ll be good …..”  Jamal thought to himself  ‘I’m not worried about you ……’  HE slowly crawled into the bed ……. Tony followed and faced him …… “So whats the pain behind your beautiful eyes … U lost someone?”  

“Well actually … kinda sorta …. A few months back …… but that’s really the past ….. I’m just me …. 17 .. trying to figure out wats next for me …..  I kno that sumthin is in store for me … My ma says it all the time .. I just don’t know wat ……” Jamal didn’t realize he was laying on Tony’s chest …. Tony rubbed his arm …… “Well whatever it is … Its gonna be fine …… just like you ….” Tony kissed him on the forehead …….

Jamal looked up …. And slowly …their lips met …… softly …. At first …. But with each kiss more passion ……. Janet’s ‘Anytime, Anyplace’ cooed from the stereo ……. Jamal rolled his eyes back as Tony kissed on and around his neck area sending chills up and down his spine ……. He gripped Tony’s body tighter as Tony continued hitting all the right spots ……. Jamal wrapped his legs around Tony’s body as he grinded against Jamal …… He pinned Jamal down and started kissing down his chest …… Jamal moaned ….. “Aaahhhh” and all of a sudden … he didn’t feel anything ….. He opened his eyes ……. “Sumthing wrong???”  “Nah Jamal … I just …. I dun wanna ruin anything for us …… so I just wanna wait for a while …….If that’s cool …..”

Jamal was shocked …… He kissed Tony on the lips ….. “Its whatever boi … I’m good just being with you tonight …….”  Tony kissed him back and laid back beside him …. Jamal drifted off to sleep in his arms smiling