secret admirer; youngjae

you let your tears trickle down your cheeks as you pressed your head against your knees, a beautiful voice accompanied with the smoothness of a piano filling your ears.

and suprisingly,

it seemed to calm your sobs down slightly.

-

it had all started when you were strolling by the music room, a soothing song catching your ear immediately.

you peaked your head into the room, your eyes widening in amazement at the sight;

a boy was sitting at the bench, his fingers running across the keyboard delicately as his gorgeous voice ringed through the small room.

you smiled to yourself as you settled down outside the room with your legs crossed, silently enjoying the music that the boy was producing.

-

since that day, you had visited the music room every single day and to your excitement, there the boy sat, his voice pairing expertly with the keys of the piano.

you sat outside the room every day, taking in his beautiful songs as you reflected about the day.

recently, you had found out that his name was youngjae.

you thought absent-mindedly about how his name sounded as sweet as his voice.

you had saw him along the hallways before, and you couldn't help but stare at him from afar.

you always had the uncontrollable feeling of wanting to run your hand through his messy hair.

you knew you were slowly developing a crush on him;

from sitting outside the music room and enjoying his wonderful music,

to looking at him longingly as he exited the cafeteria with his group of friends.

in fact, it had became a daily routine that you sticked to; settling down outside the music room after school.

-

and, today was no different.

despite being in such a terrible mood, you still pushed yourself to come.

the popular and infamous girls of the school had pushed you during lunch, causing you to fall face flat into your tray of food.

you couldn't express how embarrassing it was when people started whipping out their phones and taking videos of you.

they always tried to bully you, but nothing was as serious as this.

usually, all they would do was to make fun of you for being the nerdy, and all-too-well-behaved head prefect.

being the kind person you were, you chose not to report them to the discipline masters, instead, attempting to give them second chances.

but if this was what you got for being the head prefect, you quit.

"uh- are you okay?"

your body froze immediately at the voice.

you hadn't realise that you were crying a little too loud.

you looked up, coming face-to-face with someone you never expected to talk to.

"yea- i'm fine." you mumbled numbly.

"you don't look anything close to 'fine'." youngjae stated, sliding down next to you.

your cheeks turned a rosy red when you felt his warm hand on your shoulder.

"what's wrong," he asked, "(y/n)?"

you head shot back up, "how do you know my name?"

"are you not the head prefect?"

"ah-"

for a moment, you felt your heart flutter when your name rolled off his tongue, but you realised that he only knew you because you were the head prefect.

"soo-"

"you really don't know?" you snapped unintentionally.

"know what?" he asked, his eyes shining with pure innocence.

"the- nevermind-" you sighed, wiping at your tears with the sleeve of your shirt.

"what?"

"nothing."

"are you sure?"

"yes." you replied firmly.

a ring sounded from youngjae's phone and you peeked over curiously,

but your eyes immediately close shut when you saw the familiar image of a girl on the ground with a tray of food on her face.

you knew it was already all over social media.

you had wasted your hopes thinking that youngjae was really clueless about the incident.

"you know.. if this is what you're crying about, then you should stop crying. those people aren't worth your time." youngjae said, as he dragged the image to the 'delete' icon.

upon hearing those words, you felt your heart go out to him as you nodded your head at him subtly.

"do you perhaps want some.." he started, sending you a playful smile before continuing, "ice cream?"

you chuckled before taking his hand and allowing him to pull you up.

-

little did you know that youngjae knew you were watching him from the door of the music room everyday.

you were often too loud for your own good.

once he closed the lid of the piano, he would always hear hurried footsteps from the outside of the room.

making his way to the door, he would watch amusingly as you sprinted off, afraid to be caught by him.