overprotective; jb

you leaned your head on jinyoung's shoulder, both of you peacefully indulged in your own books.

the sudden unlocking of the front door made you jump apart as you tried to act normal.

"hey big brother." you waved, flashing him a bright grin as you diverted your attention back to your book.

jaebeom stared at you for a while before averting his gaze towards jinyoung.

you held your breath, hoping that nothing seemed suspicious to him.

"thanks for baby-sitting my sister." jaebeom smiled, clapping a hand on jinyoung's shoulder.

you breathed a sigh of relief, watching as jinyoung's steadiness faltered slightly, sending jaebeom a hesitant smile.

"i'll go and take a bath now." jaebeom mumbled, as he headed towards his room.

hearing the bathroom door slam shut, you immediately scrambled back to jinyoung, latching yourself onto him.

"that was so close." you puffed, the thought of jaebeom finding out that his band-mate was your boyfriend made you shudder.

jinyoung hummed in response before replying, "should we just tell him?"

you looked up at him as if he was crazy, "no, no. i don't want him to beat you up."

"what makes you think he will beat me up?" jinyoung chuckled.

"that's just how he is, he's too.. overprotective." you sighed.

jingyoung leaned in, pressing a kiss to your fore-head, only to be interrupted by a stern voice.

"did you just fucking kiss my sister?"

you jumped off the sofa immediately, whipping your head around to see jaebeom with a towel around his neck.

as his sister, you should have known how fast he took showers.

"i-i-" jinyoung stuttered, clearly startled by jaebeom's sudden change in tone.

"we're together okay? deal with it jaebeom." you defended, wrapping your hand around jinyoung's tightly.

"and you didn't tell me? you didn't tell me that out of of all the boys in this universe, you are dating my band-mate?" jaebeom questioned, narrowing his eyes coldly at you.

"is there anything wrong with dating your band-mate?" you shot back, crossing your arms over your chest.

"oh god (y/n), yes! of course there is something wrong! besides, you shouldn't even be dating! you're too young!" jaebeom shouted in exasperation as he ran a hand through his wet hair.

"PLEASE jaebeom, i'm literally only three years younger than you." you groaned.

"i can't let you date jinyoung!" he growled angrily, stomping into his room and closing the door with a bang.

"stupid older brother." you cursed under your breath as you paced around the living room.

jinyoung frowned as he rubbed your back reassuringly.

two weeks later

you placed the lunch on the table as six hungry boys came pouncing on you.

"wheres jaebeom?" you asked.

despite not being on good terms with him at the moment, you still cared for him dearly.

"i don't know, i think he went out." jinyoung replied, smiling sweetly at you, as he used the back of his hand to wipe off his sweat.

you smiled back, giving jinyoung a hug before sitting down next to the other boys who were busy gobbling up their food.

the atmosphere slowly became lighter as all of you laughed and joked around, until someone entered the room.

your face hardened as you watched your brother enter the room, jinyoung automatically removing his arm from your shoulder.

"you can put it back." jaebeom sighed, his eyes darting towards you and jinyoung.

"huh?" jinyoung asked in confusion.

"your arm- you can put it back on her shoulder." jaebeom pointed.

jinyoung hesitantly lifted his arm and wrapped it around you, giving your shoulder a light squeeze of encouragement.

"i decided-" jaebeom said slowly, "to accept the fact that my sister is dating my band-mate."

your eyes widened as you turned to look at jinyoung, his face mirroring the same expression as yours.

"r-really?" you asked in disbelief.

"yes, but if jinyoung ever hurts you... i'm not going to let him off." jaebeom growled, shooting jinyoung a warning glare.

out of excitement, you ran up to your older brother, letting him engulf you in a warm hug.

cat-calls and whistles were heard throughout the room as all the members took turns to congratulate jinyoung by patting him on the back.

"at least you're dating jinyoung who is definitely more trustable than jackson or bambam." jaebeom mumbled, loud enough for everyone else to hear.

at that, multiple pillows were being hurled at jaebeom.