bracelet; mark

you mindlessly strolled through the shopping streets, sometimes stopping for a second to see the products.

but out of everything, a nice yet simple bracelet caught your eye.

it wasn't classy, in fact, it was just right for you.

the single pendant that dangled from the silver chain made it adorable.

"how much is this?" you asked politely, pointing at the bracelet that piqued your interest.

"$50." the shop owner replied kindly.

you almost felt yourself gasping at the price.

what you thought to be something simple turned out to be extremely pricey.

you sighed.

although you had the money, you weren't rich.

saving the money for things you needed rather than wanted sounded like a wiser choice.

"ah- its okay." you smiled at the shop owner, as you turned to leave.

not even noticing that someone was watching your every move.

approaching the stall, the person said,

"auntie, i'll get this."

-

you wrapped your arms around yourself, trying to protect yourself from the chilly night.

you were finally heading home after "window shopping", still a tiny bit disappointed that you didn't get the bracelet.

a tap on your shoulder made you jump,

you turned around swiftly, ready to attack anybody lurking in the shadows.

"mark?" you questioned, as your body relaxed at the sight of your best friend standing behind you.

"hi." he greeted casually, falling into step next to you.

a comfortable silence overtook both of you as you walked together down the path.

"oh, (y/n)," he spoke, causing you to turn and look at him, "i got you something."

he handed you a small paper bag.

suprised, you opened it, your eyes widening at the small jewellery box inside.

"go ahead." mark said, as you followed subtly, allowing your fingers to pry open the box gently.

your words got stuck in your throat.

you wondered absent-mindedly how he knew that you wanted that particular bracelet.

"thank you," you muttered shyly, "but how do you know-"

"i have my ways." he winked, before securing the bracelet on your wrist.

your felt your cheeks heat up as you let your fingers fiddle with the little pendant.

you swore he could hear your heart beating.

"(y/n)?" he called,

you simply hummed in response, not expecting what was to come next.

"i think i like you."