seokjin

🪐

"Mom I'm going to the library!" Jungkook calls out as he whizzes past his mom and out the door.

"Wow that's a first," Ms. Jeon says stirring her tea.

The young brunette rushed into the library pushing past the large heavy doors not caring if they slammed back on someone.

He walked up to the reception desk with large eyes

"How may I help you" The old woman eyed the younger. his smile almost radiating off of him.

"Do you have any past newspapers?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, we do. I have them in the back just follow me" The librarian got up from her seat and made her way to the back opening a door.

Jungkook followed behind her like a cute little bunny and finally saw the different drawers of different years newspapers from their town. Jungkook thanked the woman and she walked out to tend the desk. Jungkook started looking at the most recent newspapers from a couple of years ago.

"Any cases of missing people" Jungkook muttered flipping through newspapers looking at head titles and images. He flipped until he got to 2010

"Damn 2010 was almost 10 years ago. Wow, I have known Jimin for almost 10 years" Jungkook picked up the 2010 newspaper and scrolled through it. Nothing interesting.

Jungkook set down the 2010 newspaper and went to pick up 2009 when the cover something struck him.

Missing!
Kim Seokjin
Age: 9
Last Seen: Four Leaf Park
October 12, 2009

Jungkook stared in shock at what he saw, looking at the small picture of the young boy printed in the newspaper. Was it a coincidence that Taehyung disappeared on the same day ten years later?

-★-

"I've been feeling weird recently" Hoseok sat with his best friend in the field behind their high school

"If this is about your sporadic boners I don't want to hear it, " Seungmin said plucking the blades of grass out of the dirt.

"oh my god no!" Hoseok laughed, slightly leaning onto his brunette friend, but he didn't mind he may have enjoyed it too much.

"Then what's it about?"Seungmin chuckled sitting back, hands hoisting his up behind him. His soft smile displayed on his dewy face. He expected to be hit with one of his best friends wacky stories.

"I think I have a crush on someone" The fond smiles left their faces. this was serious. Seungmins face went blank.

"Who is she?" Seungmin let out a quick laugh almost seeming fake while leaning into his best friend trying to soften the mood.

"I.. Its not a girl" Hoseok looked down.

Seungmins head shot up looking at his best friend his eyes wide, almost sparkling.

"That's perfectly fine Hoseok, I'm not gonna judge you, y-you know." Seungmin smiled turning to his friend so they were face to face.

"Thanks, Seungminnie I really needed that. I've never felt this way towards a guy before, but this person just changed everything" Hoseok looked up at his friend with a small smile. Seungmin stared back fingers tapping vigorously on the dirt below him.

"So who is this person? they must be really special" Seungmin said then letting out a shaky laugh looking to the side.

"promise to not tell anyone"

"of course, you know I wouldn't do that"

"yeah true. you would never"

"so uh" Hoseok smiled looking down at the ground.

"I have a crush on-

-★-

JIMIN

That's who Jungkook needed to tell now. He gathered his notebooks and newspaper putting it into his bag and rushing out.

"No running Mr. Jeon" The librarian warned.

the brunette whizzed past the front desk after yelling out a light 'sorry' to the librarian.

He didn't have time to fully apologize as he was on his way to his best friends house to share this discovery. He finally got into his car and dialed his best friends number.

"Jimin I found something weird out I need to show you"

"Kookie I can't talk right now," Jimin said in a hushed voice, muffled yells could be heard in the background.

"Shit everything okay?" Kook said pulling on his seatbelt.

"Yeah. yeah, it's fine. uh, could I stay over tonight?" Jimin said shakily.

"Of cours-

"ill be there tonight. bye."

"wait- " Jungkook held up his phone seeing Jimin hung up. He huffed and sat back in his seat, still in the library parking lot. He pulled out his phone again staring at the lock screen

"I don't know how this connects to you Taehyung but I will get you back"

-★-

"Jungkook what is all of this?" Jimin pushes Jungkooks bedroom door open, papers were scattered on the floor.

"Jimin your here!" Jungkook got up smoothing out his pants and going to hug the older.

"Yeah. so what's going on?" Jimin pointed at the papers.

"I've been doing research and- Wait I need to show you this!" Jungkook bounced around enthusiastically the room going to grab a certain paper.

"Jungkook this isn't healthy. I know you want to get him back but doing all of this is," Jimin sighed.

"Look!" Jungkook passed the paper to Jimin. "A kid named Kim Seokjin disappeared the same day ten years ago" Jungkook had a smile on his face, he was certain this was a lead.

Jimin stared with wide eyes a lump was stuck in his throat. "It's just a coincidence, doesn't m-mean anything" He gulped and handed the paper back to his friend.

"What do you mean? people don't just go missing here, its rare and the fact it was ten years apart means something" Jungkook spoke with wide eyes.

"Jungkook you are thinking too much into this" Jimin sighed looking to the paper.

"It doesn't mean anything cause, Kim Seokjin doesn't exist anymore" the older muttered.

🪐

ha pretend this takes place in 2019 cuz I wrote it in 2019 so when it said 2010 was almost 10 years ago that's cuz it was when I wrote it