Chapter 53: Cold Out Here

Start from the beginning

WHAT THE HELL??

She spotted her roommate laughing lightly with Pocahontas, John and Phoebus.

True. She hadn't spoken to Phoebus either.

"Mulan. This Asian cutie." Esmeralda was quick to spot her and didn't hesitate to go over and drag her to come and mingle.

Mulan had begun quiet protests but Esmeralda wasn't having any of it.
"Guys! Meet my beautiful roommate Fa Mulan."

Mulan shyly kept her gaze on the ground, carefully enough not to look at Phoebus. All these members being around could only mean one thing.

Shang was here too.

"Nice to meet you." Pocahontas gave a very curt smile.

"Oh my, just like your typical white Christmas angel." John joked, earning a hearty laugh from Esmeralda. Phoebus laughed too, but still couldn't hide off the guilt his eyes.

"Everywhere is so dull, Esme."

"Oh, I know." Esmeralda rolled her eyes as she swirled the brim of her plastic cup between her thumb and middle finger. "Everyone here is such a killjoy."

Mulan suspected her roommate had also had more than a cup of alcohol. Why wouldn't they?
There was nothing else to do than to drink.

"Where's the hostess?"

"Oh Jas? That girl hasn't stepped foot downstairs since this party began. She's suffering from a heartbreak. I don't know if everyone here is as well."

"Bummer. Perosnal problems shouldn't dampen the mood. I mean we've all got our issues. It shouldn't affect the life of the party."

Esmeralda looked like she wanted to speak up but paused when her eyes trailed to look behind Mulan's shoulders.
A frowned graced her face.

Mulan turned also to look. She couldn't see anything wrong. All she could see was a stern looking tall man, frowning grudgingly over a plate of samosa and rolls.

"Yes. We've all got our problems." Esmeralda said slowly, quickly taking another swig from the plastic cup.
"You take the rest, Mulan. I'm going to need me some more of this."

Mulan watched het rather tipsy roommate away away from her and back to the drinks table. She wrung her fingers in a nervous knot.
Asides Esmeralda and the gymnasts and the basketball team, she really wasn't entirely too familiar with any other person in the school.

Come to think of it, it really was weird.

Not knowing what else to do, she walked towards the table Esmaeralda had just walked to, already regretting coming to the party at all.

Just as she was about to pick a plastic cup from the stack, she felt a sudden presence beside her.

"Hello." Tinkerbell smiled at Mulan, though the smile barely reached her eyes.

Mulan paused first. Obviously stunned.

Did she know this petite creature?

"Uh...hey."

"Mulan, am I right? I'm Tinkerbell. I doubt you've heard of me. For some weird reason, I'm invisible to everyone in this school. Except some."

Mulan stopped herself from ogling. She definitely didn't know Tinkerbell and she definitely didn't want to know how her name was known.

"How did you know my-"

"You're the only girl on the basketball team. Well, was-"

"News spread fast."