Prologue

Lessie's breath was extremely shaky and her vision was full of black spots. It felt like her head was spinning as she faintly registered someone's mouth ejecting Latin like it was a song they memorized every lyric too. "You know, it's not gonna work on me. I'm already immortal and an "abomination"," Lessie spoke for the first time during the whole thing.

The guy only chuckled at her efforts to stop him, "Oh, baby. This is only to enhance what you are by... 100 times."

She whimpered as her wrists struggled to get out of the bonds that kept her in the creaky, old wooden chair. Lessie closed her eyes and began to hope for the worst. "How long has he been chanting?" the thought barely had any time to register as the wall on her left exploded in a pile of brick and ash.

The dust cleared away to reveal someone, her savior. But this person wasn't human, she first noticed the outline of wings that flowed from their back. She then noticed the light brown hair that sat on their head, the length kind of reminded her of her brother Sam's. Then she noticed the eyes, oh how captivating were the mystery person's whiske-like colored eyes. She then noticed the blade they held, it wasn't a demon blade that's for sure. Then, Lessie's ears filled with their deep voice as it echoed, "Let her go! You have no right to touch what is MINE!"

She smiled but was solely confused too, how was she his? Her eyes began to droop from the dizziness and being light headed. The last thing she remembered before passing out was a loud, painful scream and the glowing bright blue light of her captor.