CHAPTER 9: Healing

(A/N): This chapter is from the perspective of Nine, who was basically just binge-watching Sailor Moon while Stage two was going on. Also while Nine is technically an all-knowing AI, she was built in such a way that she would behave a lot like a twelve-year-old child. Subsequently, Number Twenty-eight (Mirio's companion that he mentions) behaves like a 20-year-old man. Just thought that was worth explaining.

As soon as I saw how battered and bruised Katsuki was, I almost immediately got him some bandages and medicine. Damn. This was really bad. He looked like he was on the verge of death. I conjured up a bed for him to lie on and sighed with relief. Thank god he was still alive. If FACELESS got him, I'd have no idea what to do. Since he was still unconscious, I took the time to analyse his injuries by scanning him. Because of over-exertion his palms were sprained, and aside from that he had bruises and cuts all over him. His back seemed to have it particularly bad, basically broken.

Forget healing instantly. This was just way too much for him. He'd have to wait until he got better. As it stands now, if he was in the real world and Recovery Girl tried to heal him he'd probably die of fatigue, considering his already tired behaviour.

It took me a second, but Stage two flashed in my mind within an instant. My eyes widened in shock as I realised the cause of all that pain.

"Forking grassholes." I muttered to myself. It was unfortunate, but for some reason I wasn't allowed to swear. Maybe it was because of my age. Nevertheless, my age was designed in a way that would reflect upon whatever student entered my domain. I had no idea why I was twelve of all ages, but I guess it's cause Katsuki sometimes acted like a petulant child or something. Or all the time depending on how you look at his behaviour.

WHY IS THIS ALL SO FORKING COMPLICATED?!

I conjured up a bed next to Katsuki's and slumped down onto it, somehow drowsy. I guess sleepiness was contagious.

When I opened my eyes in a few minutes, I realised that the blond boy in the bed beside me was awake. I saw the look in his eyes. They looked lost, like he really didn't know what to do anymore. Looking at those eyes made me realise that I couldn't call the him his first name anymore. After reviewing the events of Stage two I understood now that the name would trigger him. So instead, I leapt up from my bed like the twelve-year-old I am (never doing that again) and smiled.

"Kacchan, you're up!"

He sighed, turning to the side. "Fuck off, Nine." He grumbled.

Okay, that's not fair. He acts like a little kid but he gets to swear?! Are you sheeting me?!

"FORKING STOP MOPING KACCHAN!"

That caught his attention.

"So you're afraid to swear?"

My face turned red with shame.

"Uh...no. I'm just- not really allowed to."

There was silence for a moment. Kacchan had finally turned to face me and looked at me in confusion for a couple seconds. Then he burst out laughing.

"You're all-knowing AI and you can't say fuck???!" He couldn't stop chuckling.

"Shut up!" I snapped back, annoyed. But then I realised that I somehow got him to laugh. And laughing Kacchan is definitely better than moping Kacchan.

"Wait so, what about bitch? And ass? And shit? Can you say them?" He said, a grin on his face.

I sighed. "Biscuit, grass and sheet."

Kacchan burst out laughing yet again.

"Fucking sheet?! PFFT-"

I was getting way too frustrated at this point. What was he going to do now, make fun of my height???