Chapter 43

Topaz glared at the squid that quickly sunk down back the water in fright.

"What did you do, princess?" asked Damian walking toward her.

Topaz scowls, "Why do you care?"

As if he didn't hear her he asked, "Does the reason your brother will come here is because you are in land instead of the ocean?"

"What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be in Russia not here," Topaz said and he shrugged.

"It is my time to see the world and my father wanted me spend a year here before I get to travel which I will use to find my mate," he said, "but seeing you here gives me hope of fixing the relationship between our kinds."

Topaz shook her head, "It wouldn't be that easy especially when your kind killed my mother,"

Damian lower his head, "I apologize for that but that's also why I want my kind and yours to get along because currently we are a minority to wizards." he said.

Topaz pinched her nose, "A lot of things are going on that the last thing I want is to be queen which is why you need to take this up with my father." she said and he shook his head, "You know him well that if any veela tries to talk to him he will start a war and that's the last thing I want." he stressed.

"I get it but even I can't do anything since he in currently angry at me for leaving because I want to find my mate who I wish was a land person so I don't have to return," Topaz said and attempted to walk past him who grabbed her arm stopping her.

"You are running away without realizing the effects it might be having," Damian said.

Topaz pulled her arm away from his grip and said, "Why do you even care," she didn't even stay to hear his reply and walked inside the castle.