57. Your hugs are better

89,2K

Your fingers slid down his cheeks and wiped away him tears. The boy squeezed himself against you the moment he came into the waiting room. He broke the second he saw you.

He pressed his face to your chest and his hands held your body tightly. You stroked his back but didn't cry

.You still didn't feel anything, everything was paralyzed. Duho has always been the more emotional one in the family.

"I don't want her to die." He mumbled in a trembling voice. "She promised me she wouldn't before I would graduate."

You bit your lip and wiped away another tear from his cheek. "Nobody said she will, maybe they can help her."

But the boy shook his head. "This were her last few days, I felt it... but I didn't believe it."

You raised your eyebrow surprised and cupped his face so he had to look at you. "What are you talking about?"

Duho shrugged his nose and his brown eyes looked watery at you. "Her illness... it became worse and more aggressive. But mom told me it was nothing." He closed his eyes and tears rolled down his cheeks again. "I believed her and didn't stay with her... it's my fault." His fingers curled again around the Jungkook jacket that you still wore.

You shook your head immediately. "No Duho please don't think that, it's nobody's fault."

But the boy didn't believe her. "She told me it would be better if she disappeared out of our lives. I thought she was talking about moving to a nursing home or a take care hotel but not this."

You looked for a moment from Jungkook who was sitting next to you and then back to Duho. "When did she tell you that?"

Duho shrugged, not knowing when exactly she told that. "Maybe a few weeks ago or a month, I don't know."

It seemed as if your little brother had already calmed down and then you finally saw Jacob standing in front of you with his hands in his pockets. Did you see... tears?

The light sparkled on Jacob's tears and made them more noticiable.

When Jacob saw how you looked at him he quickly wiped them away as if they weren't there at all. The tall boy coughed and then sat down next to you.

You turned your head towards him. "Thank you for bringing Duho to me." You thanked him.

He gave you a short nod and then leaned with his arms on his thighs, his hands folded while his eyes were focused on the wall on the other side.

Jacob didn't know how to process this kind of things. The day his mom died he cried a lot just like now. He knows how Duho feels but he doesn't know how to comfort him.

He's glad the boy got his sister there for him to comfort him.

The boy looked at Jungkook who sat next to you.

Because Jungkook wasn't there for him when their mother died.

They both loved their mom but Jacob expressed his feelings differently. Jungkook was cold as if it didn't care while Jacob showed every emotion he had.

But Jacob got used to the fact that Jungkook wasn't scared for people to die. This is the way how Jungkook prosseses this kind of situations.

Even though their mother died of suicide, the feeling of the loss of your mother is the same as your mother dying of an illness. But nobody knows for sure that she died.

So the boy pushed those awful thoughts and memories out of his head.

You have been here for a few hours and you still hadn't heard anything from the doctors.