Forget me Not?.

Harry's POV...
It felt like it Had been raining for months. Again, in an unknown territory where we're likely to get ambushed by the Nazis and blown up. The last time I survived I barely made it. I thought I was gonna die. But I guess I was saved by the wet photograph I had of Victoria. I had her brooch in the same pocket where I had been shot. But it feels like. It's going to be a while before I see her again. Part of me wonders if she's dead or alive. Maybe even captured. I miss seeing her name in cursive on the side of the envelope as well as her signed signature at the bottom of her every letter. To kill more time, I feel like maybe I should try and write her back. And just hope the message gets to her. I miss her dearly.

Victoria's POV...
As I was tending to soldiers and changing their dressings before a sealed envelope is placed at the edge of the bed. I finished stitching up the wounded soldier's foot since he had most of his toes had to be amputated due to an infection. Closing out the wound and cleaning it. I wrapped up the young soldier's foot and opened the message. It was a letter from Harry.
"Dear Victoria, This is Harry. I just wanted to know if you were still alive or not. I think about you every day. And I miss you more than words can say. I still have the photo of you in my overcoat that I use to keep me safe and protected by you. You give me strength and the courage to fight more during the war. You've made me feel less afraid of death. But even if I lose this war at the hands of the enemy. Just know that I always fought for you, My Dearest Liv. You always have that special place in my heart. And if I'm lucky enough to live another day to see you. I promise you will have the perfect wedding ceremony just for us. Just like I know you've always wanted. Promise you won't forget me when I'm gone?. I hope to see you soon. All My Love, My Dearest, H. 28th March 1942"
It read as it brought tears to my eyes. Not realising how much I truly missed him. I smiled at the letter and kept it in a safe spot where nobody could get to it.
"Somebody's in love" teased a young soldier about my age. As I chuckled.
"Who must've stolen your heart sweetheart?" Said the young man. I smiled.
He's in your division. I said whilst grabbing the ointment to heal his burns. He winces at the sting of the healing severe burns he had.
"You know my Dad used to own a yacht sailing business down in Dover" he said trying to distract himself from the pain. As I smiled and listened.
What kind of yachts?. I asked, as I continued disinfecting his burns
"All Kinds, Big ones, small ones?, You name it!" "I was trying to be a footballer until they drafted me out to this bloody war" "now I can't even look at myself anymore" he said as his eyes welled up with tears. Trying to hold back anger. Something more was troubling him. Outside of being in a warzone and having to deal with so much death and cruelty against humanity.
"What about you?. You seem a bit posh?, where are you from?" He said.
I grew up in a nice neighbourhood. I'm from Spain originally and my parents worked some pretty decent jobs.
I lied as I was trying not to blow my cover.
"Cool?, you know there's been rumours about some princess following around one of our men. Very pretty lady, nice blue eyes I've heard. Also wanted by the Nazis." "She Seems pretty badass?. Have you met her?"
I chuckled and tried my best not to turn red at this point.
No I haven't met her?, but I'd like to?. She seems lovely?. I said
"What made you want to become a nurse
Here anyway?. If you don't mind me asking"
I wanted to help out?, and save lives. Since I knew there was going to be a lot of blood and carnage for this war. So i figured I might as well escape fascism in my country to help others who needed it.
"I see" "do you ever get shell shocked?"
He asked. As I nodded.
Quite a few times actually?. It never really goes away. And I struggle with it so much. I just thought it was from all the smoke from the planes being blown up and the smell of rotting flesh messing with my head.
"My dad struggled with it too" he said
"Almost Everyday I'd wake up to him having his nightmares" he said.
Does he?. I said
I have them too?. How long do they last him?. I asked as i finished treating his burns.
"The rest of his life." He said
"He was in the Great War. He couldn't take the Torment that it gave him" "so when I was younger I'd always try to cheer him up whenever he had his fits" " it hurts knowing it didn't work" said as his voice broke. I wiped the tears rolling down his cheek.
Of course it did?. I said trying to soothe whatever he might be going through in his head. He wasn't well. And I knew that. But he needed someone close enough he could talk to that he could trust in a way. Something my mother did to soothe refugees who were suffering a huge loss in their lives. Sometimes I feel like her in a way. But just not as "keep to myself " kind like she is. Growing up a Royal is a privilege but can be a pain at some times. Because you're allowed to
Get close but not too close to the public. Distant relatives are often detached at times like these. I like to get more personal with them. Just so they don't feel that because I'm a noble that I'm unreachable and that I don't relate to everyday problems of being a teenager or an adult. Most think we're not human because of the titles we hold and the lineage we come from. Being in this war made me realise a lot of things. From living in the guarded walls of the palace and being able to live the life of feeling protected and safe from any danger. I didn't think that could end as easily as it did.
Harry's POV... I kissed the small photograph of Victoria in my overcoat once more. Since we were headed to the border town near Belgium. Only a short distance from a Heavily occupied and guarded Nazi base. We already heard shooting from a distance. And the smell of burning flesh.
"The Hell is going on here?" Said one of our mates by the name of Arthur.
Shhh. I said signaling everyone to get in their places. "It's a Training base for new recruits" said another soldier as we saw a formation of young Nazi soldiers appearing to be our ages and a bit younger. Marching in assembly
"Don't Get why they're doing a march in the middle of the road?" "Wait" "what are they wearing?" Those aren't soldiers so why are they in a li-"
The soldiers lined the young men all wearing the same type of uniform that I saw in the pictures. But only these men were healthy. Within seconds several shots rang out. It was an execution
"YOU ARE ALL TRAITORS " Yelled a Leader who was putting them to death. I couldn't help but break into tears. I was more in a state of panic and fear of not knowing what the hell was going on. Or why the world really was at war.

I couldn't sleep that night. After what I saw. We stayed in an abandoned cafe that was on its last legs from being blown up nearly to bits.
I thought about Victoria. And how far she must be away from me right now. I wanted to get as far away from having to see whatever the hell that base was anyway. The thought of this one lad who looked oddly familiar who almost looked exactly like my cousin was in that line. Who also shot. The only thing to do to keep myself sane was pull out a small journal Victoria gave to me before I left off. Looking at the scar from several bullet wounds on my rib cage and stomach. I was lucky to be alive. I was hoping to get back home to Victoria. But I wasn't sure how I was gonna make it through this war without getting blown up, shot at or losing my sanity all together. I wrote a poem about her. After reading through hers. Unfinished as she had left it. I missed her so much.
Soon the next morning we were out. We met up at our next base. Finally having something to eat and finally shower. I was losing my mind it felt like.
I sat in the canteen at a table by myself and wrote to Victoria I wanted to tell her everything that's happened. When I was approached by a woman who had a sack full of letters. She grabs a handful of them and begins sorting through them. She drops several letters that were from liv and my mum. Most of them were from Liv. I opened the most recent one as the woman walked off and went to another table. I opened the letter and read it. "Dear Harry, I haven't stopped thinking about you since you sent those letters. I love and I miss you so much. I wish I could see you again. Don't give up hope. You'll win this war. I left you a little something" she signed as she had left a Red kiss mark on the lower end of the page. It reminded me of the first time I saw her. Her lips were as red as a rose which made her ivory skin glow. I kissed the red lip stick mark. But it wasn't the same as kissing her up close. I've tried kissing her. But I've always lost the chance to. So many times I imagined caressing my fingers through her long dark hair that shined under the moonlight. I missed holding her for that short period of time. She was and still is the love of my life.
Victoria's POV...
I Sat By the sea watching the moonlight over the horizon. The sound of bombs being dropped and the smell of Burning fuel and men screaming bloody murder for their mother's to come save them. The tents are full of survivors taking critical blows and amputees who won't make it through the night.
I've seen so much carnage and blood within the past year. I could be one of them at any moment. Gone. Obliterated, Raped. Shot to death. Held prisoner. I thought about all those things. The thing that haunts me to this day. Was finding Harry almost lifeless on the ground when it was raining like mad. I remember his lips turning blue as he bled from his side. I remember the weight of his body being slumped against mine. Covered in blood and mud. I've never seen death until I held it in my arms. Back home I wasn't allowed to show any of that. Otherwise I'd look like an idiot. But we're all human. Harry has taught me that. Being away from him with little to no communication was annoying and worrisome. Still is. We'll see each other one of these days in the future I hope. Hoping will only get you so far.
*Harry*: Dear Victoria, Please Don't Forget me.