My Dearest

13 May 1940...
Day two..
A French Telegramme got out to the Spanish Royal Palace. That Their  Royal Highnesses Princess Victoria Sofia Margarita Infanta of Borbon, Lucia of Asturias and Infanta of Leon Were caught in the midst of the German invasion of France. French Priminister Agreed to have The Princesses Flown into Greece where they will be in Exhile along with Their Relatives. The Princesses were last seen leaving a Hotel in Paris. And yet , No where to be found. Could this be a cause for war?. Could this mean a threat from how powerful Hitler is?. Could they have been captured and held for ransom?.
Victoria's POV...
I wanted to hear from him again, So I started getting a little worried.  I might say since I wanted to get to know him. He was on a six week leave, I knew The British Expeditionary force were headed for the front. Already prepared for war since France isn't yet fully occupied by Germany unless the capitol of France falls. Then that means chaos.
As I heard a knock on the door.
"Liv?, You've got a letter" Said Infanta.
Hoping it was from the Palace as a call for Rescue or maybe it was from Him.
She comes in and hands me the letter. It was from a private address as I opened it and read " Dearest Victoria I've been wondering about you since I saw you last. You were so beautiful and I'd hope you would remember me after I bought you your tea set. From the way your hair looked that night I saw you dancing in that red dress of yours. You were all I could think about. Beautiful Morena. Your Beautiful Blue eyes are ones I cannot forget. I hope to see you soon. -Harry"
I smiled at the sweet letter he wrote.
I couldn't help but feel a bit of awe.
Making my teenage hormones race in a bit of a sweet feeling. I just hope I'm not falling too fast into a trap.
I thought about wanting to go see him on base. But even as a Princess I'm not authorised to. I could get into serious trouble and maybe even him. "What did he write to you?" Infanta asks
Just wanting to see me again soon?. He talked about my eyes and how much he liked them?. I answered.
As she gave me a warm smile.
"Seems like a gentleman Morena?"
He sounds like one?. I just don't want to fall too fast and end up gutted
in the end?. Especially during times of war. It's when you start to worry.
Which I don't want to worry.
"Then keep writing him?"
"And If he stops?.  Then expect the worst Morena "
I chuckled.
I already do expect the worst, we're hiding in an abandoned five star hotel in a coastal village Risking our lives hiding from the Germans. Because I even had a few nightmares of them coming in and finding us.
"Don't think about it?"
They've taken control of the streets and looting everywhere and killing people. How could I not think about it?.
"Because you're your mother when you freak out and worry. That's why Morena "
She's also The Queen and cares for her people.
"Well my question is this?. Who makes you forget about all this?" She says in reference to Harry.
As I looked at the picture of him and smiled. He does. I said.
"Then Write til you're both tired of it" she encouraged as she rose up from the bed and gave me a kiss upon my head
And left. As I began writing him again.
I wish I could talk to him up close. Maybe get his phone number?. Or go out to the beach and have a laugh somewhere. But he's a soldier and I'm a seventeen year old Princess he's only met maybe twice. I just wish I got to know him more. As a person.
Infanta's POV...
We waited and waited as we slowly became a little impatient. We were supposed to be flown out of here by the Royal Airforce. But every one of their planes are in use for fighting. How else are we going to get out of France. Alive?. Most of the Civilians have left.
So what were we going to do at this point? Maybe Lucia was right?. There must be some way?.
Victoria's POV...
I dreamt of him that night. I dreamt of getting out of France and graciously getting to Greece to be with my family who were in hiding. Taking him with me in my dream . We were on the beach roaming in the sand with our feet in the shallow end. Kicking the water for the hell of it. I've only seen him once sober. But it's the eyes I cannot forget. Then BANG! BANG! BANG! As planes flew over our heads dropping bombs. Getting closer and closer. As fear and panic began to take over. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as shots rang out.
Bombs getting closer blowing men to bits and pieces. From running so fast to get to safety and avoiding getting shot. Something hit me with full force that knocked the wind out of me. Sand and all sorts of debris were in my eyes. The sound was deafening and it all happened so quickly to fully grasp what all was going on but. The pain was intense and the heat of it was unimaginable.
As soon as I hit the ground. I Jumped waking myself out of it. I was sweating because it all felt so real and it was just a dream. With infanta asleep next to the window as Lucia was busy writing in her diary.
Luci?. I whispered as she looked over at me and paused for a moment to listen.
"What?" She asks
Why are you up so late?, shouldn't you be in bed?.
She shrugs her shoulders and goes back to writing.
"Can't sleep" she says.
I chuckled.
I know when you're lying to me luci?
As she finished writing and closed her diary.
"It's Confidential Princess"
She says as she gets up and turns off the lamp.
Getting up for a cup of tea to calm my nerves from the nightmare I just had. As she had curled into a ball on the couch cuddling with the duvet falling fast asleep. As the sound of gunshots and tanks rang outside.
Wondering if he's out there.
Stirring in the sugar and cream , looking out the window. Seeing chaos.
Sipping at my tea and pacing the room a bit out of boredom. I knew I shouldn't have chose to go on holiday in the middle of a war. But I was naive about it.
While we're stuck here for the moment. I decided to write back to him. And if you're wondering how I sent them to him?. Well that's a secret that I cannot say. It's all part of being a Royal.
I told him about the nightmare I had and that i thought of him at night when I couldn't sleep from all the chaos going on outside. I hoped to see him again.
Harry's POV....
"And Again We Shall Meet"
She Wrote