XXV: Fall of the Shadows

Zylphia wasn't able to show it, but she was growing exhausted.

The fight was growing more intense as time traveled on. The third year students were losing their energy by now. The Shadows had come together to create about ten large titans about the height of the school. They were thin and spindly, but ultimately, taking them down was still difficult. Her lightning blade was degenerating, making it harder to cleave through the Shadows.

Michaela pierced a Shadow monster with her light magic, creating a gap in the creature's stomach. It fell to the ground before disappearing. The enchantress was growing exhausted from her excessive healing earlier in the battle.

"We have to take care of the one causing all these things to fight on to begin with," Zylphia murmured. 

"I never saw him leave the campus!" Alistair called over to her. He created two streams of fire and used them to send himself flying high into the sky to another Shadow's neck. He clung tight to the monster's neck before pulling a knight from a holder around his waist. He brutally slashed at the creature, making it scream before collapsing. Alistair backflipped away and used some more fire magic to buffer his landing. Sweat was beading on his forehead, Zylphia noticed.

"In that case, search the school!" Zylphia yelled out. "He can't be far! To maintain these Shadows, he has to be nearby!"

"I'll search the school!" Michaela exclaimed. She cast a final healing charm over the people in the courtyard before disappearing from sight and entering the school building.

Michaela's heart was pounding as she began walking throughout the school. There weren't any signs of severe damage on the path she was taking, but that didn't mean signs weren't elsewhere. All she could do was hope the Possession Master hadn't gotten to Tanith.

A slamming sound was heard from a few floors above.

Damn it.

~~~~~

The light around Tanith faded to show her in a turquoise dress reaching her knees. It had no sleeves but instead clung tight to her neck. She had white fingerless gloves on that reached up her arms with matching high boots. Her hair remained mostly down, but a black comb kept the top layer away from her face. Her eyes were still purple in color.

The Possession Master let out a small laugh before walking closer to her. "Aren't you looking nice now?" he asked with a small whistle. "If I had known you'd look that hot, I would have done this sooner."

Tanith glared at him intensely. "You have no idea what you're getting into," she growled. Her voice was significantly lower than it had been before.

"I think you'd be a nice mistress, just like the rest of them," The Possession Master remarked.

"I belong to no man, especially not one like you," Tanith snarled. "And I'll prove it to you no matter what it takes."

Tanith swiped her uninjured arm through the air, creating a large current that knocked the Possession Master off his feet. He hit the wall behind him hard, making Tanith laugh. "Now, you're definitely looking nice, aren't you? I definitely like you better curled over in agony," she remarked.

The Possession Master laughed as he got to his feet. "You're being feisty, aren't you?" he asked.

"No more than usual," Tanith said simply. She stomped her foot against the ground, creating a large twister of wind magic around her. It swept her into the air and threw the Possession Master all over the place. Erika's desk was caught into the chaos and was ultimately smashed by the strong tempest.

A shard of the desk flew towards the Possession Master, and due to the wind, he was unable to dodge it. It fit his face and scratched his cheek horribly. The air settled as Tanith landed back on the ground. Blood spewed from the injury as the Possession Master roared.