XIX: Sacred Heart

After Michaela and Luce spoke, not much happened for the rest of the week. Classes continued on as normal despite the impending attack. Homework was just as boring as ever before, irritating students at all six of the schools. The weekend came soon after, offering brief respite from the weeks of tough study at Alitia.

S.M. enjoyed the following weekend with her sister on the campus of Sacred Heart. Since her older sister had a project to do with some students of the school for witches, the two decided to head to the school and talk for a brief period before the project and work on it officially began.

Mina Maestre sat beside her sister on the campus' courtyard stairs. Other students were milling about. Many from Acadia and Sierra were scattered about as well to visit the witches for a variety of purposes. S.M. would have worried about feeling out of place, but nobody seemed to care that she was present, so she didn't give it any second thoughts.

"I've barely gotten time to talk to you with all that's been happening," Mina remarked, leaning back slightly. Her hair was the same dark color as S.M.'s. She was wearing an orange dress with a gray cardigan on top. She had gray tights on with black flats as well.

"It has been moving a little fast... Alright. I'll get you up to speed," S.M. said with a frown and a nod. "Long story short, there's a hooded man running around and attacking people for seemingly no reason. I can't say what his motive is, but it's like he's got a grudge against the people in my dorm."

"Great. The school year has practically just started, and you're already in trouble. What could be coming next for you? A lifetime of suffering?" Mina joked with a roll of her eyes. "I suppose it's sort of normal for some students to have beef with each other. They'll form a rivalry and hate each other for the duration of their time here at the school, but it rarely goes much further than that."

"This has already gone too far. Before even coming to the school, my friend Luce was attacked by this guy. He retreated at the end of the fight, but the issue has persisted ever since. You remember what happened at Acadia, right? With the start of the year dance and all?" S.M. prompted.

Mina nodded. "Yeah, I do, as a matter of fact. Didn't somebody show up and start attacking?" she asked.

"Yeah. It was the DJ set to give us music for the dance. He was late, which came off as suspicious to most people, but it didn't end there. When he did finally show up, he was being possessed by some other power. He attacked the students and gave us all a real scare. It wasn't until Luce fought against him and hit him with some of her magic that he finally calmed down and revealed what had happened. Apparently, he had been cornered by a mysterious man, who then took control of his mind. Creepy, right?" S.M. questioned.

"I don't understand what in the world he could possibly want... It sounds like you're in trouble, obviously, but I don't know what anybody would have against a group of Alitia freshmen. I mean, older years make a bit more sense. They go out and take on missions to help other people from different realms as practical exams or battles. Any villains defeated in those fights tends to have a bit of a grudge against the students who took them down... But you're still kids. Whether you like to admit it or not, you're not technically adults until after this school year ends. There is no reason for anybody to be after your head. Something has happened here, and I'll give you a hint. It isn't good," Mina frowned.

"Yeah, I could have figured that out. I just don't know what we're going to do about it. I guess it's been good for giving us Isolis up to this point. I mean, Luce got hers because of it in the fight with the DJ. Three other friends of mine have also reached Isolis by fighting this mysterious enemy. I still don't know what they have against us, but they've been sending a few possessed people out or merely taking us on themselves. When the latter happens, we're as good as screwed. We can usually try and pull out a win if it isn't the mastermind, but if it is... We're in trouble," S.M. sighed.