Mad Love (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Your expression changed from sadness to anger when you find the answer. "Rapunzel, that's who!" you said with fists clutching, "Rapunzel! It's always been Rapunzel! Ruining my life! Spoiling my fun!" You stopped for moment and sat down. Ruddiger came up to you and climb onto your lap. You petted him and sighed, "Coming between me and Vary from the very beginning."

You thought about how you and Varian met, how you two got to know each other, how you fell in love with him, how Rapunzel came in between you two, and how you help Varian escape from prison. "It seemed like we would live happily ever after," you said with a smile as you finish looking back at those memories, "But that'll never happen as long as there's Rapunzel around to torment my Varian." Just then, a new thought came to you. You hummed at you continue to develop it. A plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the castle in Corona, Rapunzel was brushing her hair and looking out a window when she heard a knock at the door. She turned and said, "Come in." A guard came in and said, "Your Majesty, I saw a raccoon dropped this at the front doors." He handed her an envelope, with Rapunzel's name on it.

Curious, she open it and read it aloud:

If this latter reaches Her Majesty, Queen Rapunzel, I hope it's not too late. This is not a joke, Varian has gone off the deep end this time! Because you stopped him from drilling your dad, he said he's going to take out the whole kingdom! I've seen the plans, the automatons, everything! I finally realize this isn't funny anymore. I can help you get him if you promise me protection. Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling alone and unarmed at midnight tonight. -(Y/n)

Eugene, who had just came in as Rapunzel read the letter, looked at her with concern. "It could be a trap," he said. Rapunzel put down a letter and said, "I know it could be a trap. But what if she's telling the truth?" Eugene thought for a moment and asked, "Well, how do we know if she's not lying either?" Rapunzel looked out the window in thought. It's true that she doesn't know whether you were lying or not. But if Varian was planning something terrible for Corona, then she just had to risk it.

At midnight, you were waiting outside of the Snuggly Duckling like you said you would. You were carrying a briefcase in your hand and looking around nervously, wondering if you had made a mistake. But then, you felt a tap on your shoulder, making you yelped in fear. You turned around and were relieved to see that it was Rapunzel, wearing a cloak. Rapunzel toke the hood off and gave you a serious look.

"Open it," she said. You nodded and open the case, revealing the detailed plans of automatons and chemical bombs. Rapunzel scanned them for a while before saying, "We'll look into this. If what you're saying is true, the guards will-"

"Traitor!" shouted a familiar voice. Both of you turned and saw a shadowy figure running towards you. "No one turns their back on me and live!" he shouted again and then threw a smoke bomb at you girls. You and Rapunzel coughed for a moment before the figure jumped at you two. Rapunzel quickly dodged him, grab him, and threw him against a tree. The figure fell down on his front.

"I'd expected something worse from you, Varian," said Rapunzel as she approached him. She pull a cloak off him and was surprised to see that it was not Varian. It was a parrot in a cage attached to a body of a small automaton. "Traitor!" said the parrot, sounding like Varian, before squawking like a regular parrot.

Rapunzel was so surprised and confused that she didn't noticed you injected something into her until it was too late. You smirked as Her Majesty collapsed at your feet. Just then, you heard a male voice shouted, "Rapunzel!" You turned to see Eugene, with Pascal on his shoulder, running towards you with a sword in his hand. You managed to dodged his attacks and quickly threw a green powder at his face, Eugene coughed for a moment before collapsing as well.