Chapter 29: Fire Away!

Prepare for a mini plot from many chapters ago

I forgot to expand on the part where Kat storms out and Seto follows her

Oops
———
By the time Seto had caught up to Kat, she had calmed down.

He found her sitting on the edge of a fountain in a park, using the water as fuel for her magic. She seemed to be making little four-legged creatures with the water, and watched them hopping about. There were a few big cats, all of them laying down close to her.

"Honestly I didn't even know I could do this," she said, not looking up at him.

"Well, what all did you think you were capable of doing?"

"Basic... watery things? Splish splash?"

"With my magic and your mom's, you've got a lot of potential."

"What was she like?" Kat asked as her father sat down next to her.

"Hmm," he hummed, thinking for a moment. "She was definitely the understanding and nice type, but also kind of antisocial. She would help when she could, but when the moment things were okay arrived she would run off."

"So Allison."

"Eh, yeah, kind of. But less trusting of people." Seto began to play with his own magic. His purple swirls reached out to Kat's water leopard, and their magic combined seemed to do something to it. It's eyes seemed to glow as it stood up, surveying the area. It now longer seemed to leak water the longer it stayed "alive." In fact, it seemed to be a living creature more than just something made of water.

"Woah, what did you do?" Kat asked curiously, staring at it.

"It can now be your companion. You should be able to do that, it is your creation." He replied.

"So... it's permanent?"

"No, you can summon it to your side. You can do that with weapons and tools, too."

"I guess I never really expanded on what I could do with my magic."

"Well, it takes time and practice. Exposure helps too. Did Allison use her magic at all when you lived with her?"

"Not really, no. She used it more for healing than anything else."

"How did she heal?"

"What do you mean? She just used magic to heal herself."

"Let me simplify it; was there a certain way she did it? Did she move a specific way, or did she chant something?"

"No. Hmm. She rubbed her fingers against the wound, and it would heal."

"Candle Fingers?"

"What?" Kat stared at him, confused. She wasn't at the battle when Allison broke those two limbs.

"She called it 'Candle Fingers' in book 1. She lit her fingers on fire a certain way to heal herself." Woah Seto, don't break the 4th wall.

"And your point is?"

"What I'm saying is that you can use water to heal yourself like she uses fire. You can do so much more with your magic, and healing is one of them." Seto said, standing up. His purple cape seemed to encase him like a cloak.

She stood up along with him, her new water leopard friend rubbing against her in the process.

"Come, I can show you."

————

He knew it wouldn't hurt him, but he changed his rapier element to fire to distract Douglas. He lunged out of his hiding spot, sprinting towards the cloudy entrance.

Here goes!

And he shot a fireball at the dragon's neck.

The Tiedan roared in surprise, turning his head around to change his target.

Douglas seemed to care about that.

Adam stared at him, poising for anything. When Douglas saw what he was up against, he thwacked his tail against Adam's side. The blow sent him away and he lost grip of his rapier.

He was sent through two whole buildings, but Adam wasn't done yet. The impact didn't even seem to dent him; in fact, it seemed to fuel him.

"You thought that would hurt?" Adam chuckled. He no longer cared about his weapon, only for his enemy right in front of him. He dusted off his sleeves as he walked back the way he came from.

"Didn't expect it to," Douglas growled. "That was just a warning."

"You don't have to go easy on me. Hit Me With Your Best Shot." Adam said, referencing the song.

The dragon smirked. He flicked his tail, then sent it straight towards Adam's head.

In a split second, his tail suddenly stopped two inches before Adam's face.

"Why don't you hit me with your best shot?" Adam teased, singing another line of the lyrics.

Douglas eventually saw what had happened to his tail. Adam had his tail diamond sandwiched between his two bare hands. He wasn't even struggling to keep it there.

"Fire away!" Suddenly he changed his grip from Douglas' diamond to the scales on his tail with lightning speed. He dodged a stab from it, and lifted the Tiedan up with little to no effort.

He threw Douglas up into the air, and right before he would hit the ground again, Adam kicked him in the spine with full force in between his purple wing membranes. He was now the one breaking through walls (but not the 4th wall, ahem, Seto).

But Douglas wasn't done yet either. As Adam went over to pick up his rapier, he recovered and stomped through the holes he created.

"You knock me down but it's all in vain," Douglas sneered. "I'll get right back on my feet again."

Adam hmph-ed. "I'll hit you with my best shot."

"I'd like to see you try."

Then Adam did something Douglas had never seen before. He pressed a button on his rapier, and it seemed to change. The outside pieces of metal curved outwards like crescents, revealing a solid silver blade inside. It was straighter than an arrow. The blades on the outside slanted, making it look like they were swirling around the blade in the middle.

Each of the four cresent-shaped metals took a different element; one for air, one for fire, one for water, and the last one for earth. The one in the middle, was obviously picked to make this hurt. It was void, in all of its glorious dark purple gnarly magic-ness.

Adam aimed at the dragon. "Here you go, but I doubt you'll live long after you've seen it."

—————

Wow I'm on a roll with these chapters

Two done last night and now this one

That's chapter 29.

Word count: 1081 words