Chapter 11: How?

"Y'know, I didn't tell him the truth."
"Well then what was it really made of?"
"It was dragon scales. I think I know whose scales those are."
"Who then?"
"Sparklea's."
"Do you think she came here to look for you?"
"No, but I'm not sure either. I think she came here to have a word with her brother."
"She does that a lot?"
"Sometimes."

-------

Douglas, the "unconscious" Allison, and the two nurses went down the hall, through the lobby, and down the hall next to the small directory sign that was posted. They stopped at the "surgery" door and knocked.

A male human in white clothing answered the door.

"May I help you?" He asked.

"Yes sir, we have a patient that has an appointment for surgery." One of the nurses answered.
"What time?"

The nurse that answered turned to look at the other.

"12:20 pm, sir." The second nurse said, looking through the papers that were in her pocket.

"Ah, just in time," he said. Right when he finished his last word, Allison's ear twitched. The doctor noticed, and asked, "Is she awake?"

"I have no idea," Douglas said. "I don't think so, though."

"Maybe she's dreaming," he replied, looking at Allison's scales. They pulsed gentle colors of green, magenta, yellow, and purple, while mostly staying black. Even the diamond-shaped scales on her head were pulsing the colors. "What breed is she?"

"Tiedan."

"Ah." He turned his head and opened the door more to let the rolling bed get through. The nurses pushed it in, and it barely fit with less than an inch to spare.

"Ah geez that's tight." Douglas said, watching. He thought for a moment while the nurses tried pushing it in further, but couldn't, because the bed widened at the end and became too wide to fit.

"How about we just pick her up and carry her in there instead of worrying about the bed?" He suggested.

"Ah! I should've realized that the bed was too wide. Let's do that instead." The doctor replied, realizing his mistake.

Douglas went over to the left side of the bed and slid his arms under the "unconscious" dragon. He lifted her up, and he could've sworn he heard a little growl come out of Allison's snout.

The nurses and the doctor pulled the bed all they could and eventually squeezed the thing back out into the hallway. One of the nurses decided to roll it a few yards forward so it was out of the way.

The doctor had somehow kept the door open the whole time while pulling the bed out of the doorway. Douglas went through the door with Allison in his arms, and waited next to the door for the doctor guy to come in. The two nurses walked back to the bed and rolled it off to somewhere.

"Ah, ok. I am the head surgeon for this operation, so let's see what we're dealing with." The doctor said, walking up to a computer.

He pressed a few buttons and stared at the screen. Pressing more typewriter-sounding buttons, he pulled two pictures up and decided to look at them from two inches away.

"Ouch," he said. "That's a lot of scar tissue. That might be a little problem, especially in the wing, but it's nothing we can't take care of."