Chapter 19: Pain Is Painful

Have this chapter because you probably won't get one for a while because of school ;)

---------

Allison woke up with a jolt. She snapped her head and neck up, scanning the room.

Seeing no one around, she sat up and stretched like a cat, letting out a little squeak in the process. Once she finished, she sat on her not-broken hind leg.

"I wonder where they went," she said to herself. She hopped off of her bed, being careful of her left leg and wing. She landed with a thud, snout touching the smooth and cold hardwood floor. She sat up, and looked around. I wonder if there are cameras in here. If there were, and people are watching, I bed they'd be laughing at me right now. Like everyone else did, at that place.

Her claws clicked on the hardwood floor as she walked over to the bathroom door. "I suppose it has been a few days since I showered, but how would I be able to in this condition...?" Allison thought out loud.

She stopped in her tracks. "Wait... A few days? Oh no, Kat's probably worried. Should I go back home?"

A moment later, her subconscious answered for her out loud. "No, your dad wanted to talk to you in that weird dungeon place thing."

"Hmm, you're right, subconscious."

She padded into the bathroom, looking to her right to look at the bathtub. "It's as tall as me," she muttered.

She looked in the cabinet below the sink for shower necessities. She sighed as she pulled out the things she needed.

"Ack, this is going to hurt." Allison thought to herself out loud, realizing an easier but more painful solution for her shower problem; transforming into her human form. She carefully put the shower stuff onto the bathtub edge, and decided to walk out of the bathroom to transform.

She sighed. Allison thought about her short time in the nether, and getting a small scratch from a pigman sword. It was small, but it still hurt her to transform, even into just a small dragon. She wondered how much two broken limbs would hurt her, if only a small scratch hurt her that much already.

Allison sat back on her right hind leg. She slowed her breathing to calm herself down, since her normally green scales were beginning to turn dark blue. They went back to green, but there were still a few blue scales here and there.

She inhaled a big breath a moment later, and focused her energy on transforming. It took a lot of concentration, and the pain intensified. She began to scream a little bit, and tried to bite it back by biting her lip. She wasn't successful, though. A pained half-roar, half-scream escaped her snout.

Another moment later passed. When all of the orange smoke cleared away, she looked down to see her hands below her, holding her up from the floor.

She shakily stood up, leaning on the wall for support. Allison looked down, seeing that the cast and metal pins had stayed in place in her leg. She looked to her left, and the same was for her wing.

Sighing in relief, she edged away from the wall to sit down on her bed. Sitting down, she noticed the weight on her back.

It was her backpack.

She looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and realized she was still in the same blue shorts and red shirt she was wearing a week ago, when she was exploring the nether. And her hair was a mess.

"Oh... Notch." Allison said to herself.

She unbuckled her backpack, letting it slide off of her back and onto the bed. She turned around and picked it up, putting it on her lap.

She cringed, suddenly remembering that her left thighbone was broken. She scooted the bag over to her right leg.

Allison opened up her bag, revealing the contents inside. Inside there was a few pairs of clothes, her pocket knife (the one she was cleaning in the first book), a water bottle whose water inside it was evaporated a while ago, and some other things.

She eased herself off of the bed, being careful of her leg. Allison limped over to the bathroom, and rummaged through her bag for some clothes. She grabbed her blue cardigan, orange shirt, a pair of blue shorts, and somehow her green combat boots fit in there, so she took them out too, and set them down next to the sink cabinet.

She limped out of the bathroom, and looked around for a place to put her bag. She kneeled down with her left leg sticking out behind her, looking under the bed. Seeing that there was enough space under it, Allison hid her backpack under the bed. She adjusted the blanket so it would be hanging over the bed and close to the ground, to better hide her bag.

She got up with a little struggle. Suddenly, the door knob shook, as if someone was trying to get in.

Her eyes widened. Who could it be? Please don't tell me it's Douglas. Anyone but him.

She panicked for a moment, trying to figure out where to hide. There's no where to hide.

She quickly limped over to the bathroom, and hid all of the things she set out, including her clothes, boots, and shower stuff, in the sink cabinet.

After doing that, she limped over to the side of her bed, and sat on it, quickly coming up with a lie for whoever was outside that door.

Eventually, the door lock turned green, making a small "ding!" noise. The figure walked in, and it was panting a little.

"Are you okay?" The figure asked.

She craned her neck around to look at the figure. It was just an Enderman nurse.

"U-um," she stammered. "I-I uh, had a nightmare, that's all."

"Oh," the nurse said, with a little sigh of relief. "I thought you were hurt or something. I heard you screaming all the way down the hall."

"No," Allison replied. "Just a little confused." She sighed, a little surprised that the nurse actually believed her lie.

"Do you need anything while I'm here?" The nurse asked politely.

"Um," Allison hesitated. Should I?

A moment later, she finally asked, "Can you help me take a shower?"

-----------

Oh my

It wasn't much, but there's a chapter 19 for ya

Word count: 1079 words