Chapter 16: Get the Drugs

In this chapter, Seto talks about a Voidball. It is basically a fireball but it is made with void magic instead of fire.

---------

"To start off, she woke up."

Seto and Kat stared at him with wide eyes.

"I thought she'd be out for at least a week. It was only four or five days." Adam continued.

"Wait, can you guys give me some background information?" Kat interjected when Adam was about to start talking again.

"Well," Adam cringed a little, "she got hit into a wall, really hard."

Kat cringed even more than he did. "Ouch," she finally said. "How, exactly?"

Adam half smirked and crossed his arms. "I dunno, ask your dad."

"Wait," Kat hesitated and turned her neck to look at Seto. "What is he talking about?"

Seto sighed and looked away. You could tell he didn't want to say anything.

Kat pressed on. "Did you do it?" She scooted a tiny bit closer to her father.

Seto sighed again, "yes." He said with a small voice.

"What the hell!"
"It was a mistake!"
"Obviously not!"
"It wasn't my fault she had a voidball in her hand!"
"Well, never mind what she had, what did you have?"

He sighed yet again. "I used an invincible bubble spell. Notch wanted me to trap her, but when it came too close and trapped her, she involuntarily let go of her voidball and it hit the side of the bubble. It seemed like it was strong enough to break my spell, and it sent her flying backwards and she hit the wall when it exploded."

Kat turned her neck back to look at Adam. "That was what happened?" She asked, worried.

"Yeah." He slightly nodded, looking towards the ground a little.
"Oh."

Adam sat there for a moment while the server was picking up their dishes. "Would you like any more coffee before the bill?"

"Erm, sure." Adam said. The server refilled his coffee cup. Adam immediately drank at least a third of it once the server left, without waiting for it to cool off.

When he put his cup down, he asked, "Would you like me to continue?"

Kat hesitated, but finally said, "yes."

Seto looked at her. "Are you sure?"

She stared at him. "Of course, she's my friend."

Adam looked at both of them, and said, "Okay then." He inhaled a breath, and began to talk.

--------

Douglas, Dr. Soren, and the unconscious Allison made it to her room. Douglas pulled out his room key and slid it into the lock, making it turn green and unlocking the door. He opened it for the two others, and they walked in with Douglas right behind them.

Dr. Soren laid Allison down on her bed, left side up. He adjusted some of the blankets so she would be covered but her left leg and wing would be exposed.