Chapter 17: Strawberry Scented Shaving Cream

"I think she's going to be okay." Douglas said to Dr. Soren, looking up at him.

He nodded. "Hopefully." He turned his gaze to the side, thinking. "I hope we didn't take out too much scar tissue. There's more of that than muscle in both of those limbs."

Douglas slightly cringed. "How much?"

"Hmm," he thought for a moment. "It seemed like there was more scar tissue than muscle, so probably over 50% scar tissue."

"Wow, that's a lot." Douglas admitted.

"Yeah, but we didn't take out all of it. We only took about half and a little bit more out, mostly because it was in the way of the bones."

Douglas carefully slid his hands out from under the sleeping Allison, and stood up. He walked over to Adam's bed and grabbed the note he wrote earlier. He smashed it, balled it up in his hands, and tossed it into the nearby bathroom trash can.

"What was that?" Dr. Soren asked curiously.
"I wrote a note for Adam earlier, just in case he came back here before we were done. He obviously didn't, so there's no need for this note anymore." Douglas explained.

"Ah."

Douglas stood there, awkwardly standing up straight and patting his pockets for no reason. He looked at himself in the bathroom mirror.

"Notch, I'm a mess." He walked into the bathroom and turned on the light. He ruffled his already messy brown hair. He glanced around the room for a hair comb. Not seeing one around, he looked in the cabinet under the sink. He scrambled the neatly placed towels, toilet paper, and shampoo and conditioner bottles around until he luckily found a hair comb.

Turning on the sink a little bit, he wet the comb and brushed his hair with it. He also used the comb to straighten his eyebrows. When he finished, he put the comb down on the vanity and looked at himself in the mirror. He noticed the stubby hairs growing on his chin, cheeks, and in between his mouth and nose. Holy Notch, when did I last shave?

Luckily Allison's room was a suite/special room. He looked in the cabinet again and found a razor and men's shaving cream. There was also women's, but he's obviously not a girl. I could definitely use it if it was the only shaving cream they had. Mmm, strawberry scented shaving cream.

He grabbed the razor and men's shaving cream. He squeezed some onto his hand and rubbed it onto the stubby hair areas on his face. He turned on the sink and rinsed the razor.

He started to shave, and noticed Dr. Soren watching behind him. Douglas turned around to look at him. "Can I help you?"

Dr. Soren stifled a small laugh. "Don't you have a whole castle full of fancy bathrooms to do that?"

"Hmmm, yeah. But, I'm here and not there."
"True. Carry on, then."

Douglas turned around to face the mirror, and returned to shaving. Behind him, he could see that Dr. Soren had left the area of the mirror's reflection. Probably over to check on Allison.

He shaved off all of the stubby hair and shaving cream the best he could. He grabbed a towel, wet part of it, and patted his face with it to get any extra hair and cream off of his face. He then used the other part of the towel to dry off any water.

The razor was one of those disposable ones, so Douglas tossed it into the trash can. He put the cream back under the sink, and used the towel to clean up the vanity before hanging it up on one of those bar things you put towels on so they can air dry (I think they're just called "bars"?).

He left the bathroom and looked to his left to see Dr. Soren watching over the sleeping Allison.

"Ready to go?" Dr. Soren asked without looking up at Douglas.
"Go where?"
"I thought you said we were going to look for Adam."
"Oh, yeah. I remember now. But first, would you like a bite to eat?"
"Erm, sure. It technically is my break, so I should be fine to get lunch."

"Ok, I know just the place." Douglas said. He patted his pocket, making sure he had his wallet and room key. "C'mon." He motioned for Dr. Soren to come. Douglas opened the door for him, and he said thanks. He walked out after him and led the way.

--------

"..........aaaaand now we're here. Fin."

"Wait... So you slept with her?" Kat asked.

"Erm, yeah. She did a spell thingy and walked over to my bed, and fell asleep on me."

"Oh. That's totally not weird at all." She commented.

"How are her limbs?" Seto asked curiously.

"Hmm," Adam thought. "They were absolutely terrible when I saw the X-rays. She had her surgery today, so hopefully they're fixed right."
"Mmm."

Adam finished his coffee and a few minutes later the server came with the bill. They put it on the table, grabbed Adam's cup, and left to serve another table. Adam opened the leather booklet thing and looked at the receipt.

"18 Endercoins." He said, looking at the total for the three meals.

Seto grabbed his bag of Endercoins and opened it. He grabbed a handful out of it and started counting. He put the rest away and slid the 18 Endercoins over to Adam.

Adam grabbed the pen that was hooked onto the leather booklet, and signed it.
In the booklet, there was a small bag, and he put the Endercoins inside it and sealed it.

The server came by a few minutes and grabbed the booklet without slowing down their stride. They went back into the kitchen to drop off the dishes they were carrying, and then back to the cash register. They opened the booklet, took the Endercoins out of the bag, and scanned Adam's signature. They pressed some buttons on the register and it popped open. While putting the Endercoins into the register, it printed a copy of the receipt and Adam's signature. They stabbed the original receipt onto a needle thing that had other receipts already stabbed on it, and grabbed the copied receipt. They walked over to the table and put the piece of paper in front of Adam.

"Here you go," they said. "Have a nice day!" They went over to serve another table.

After a moment of silence, Adam asked, "So uh, what now?"

"Good question," Seto said. "Is Allison done with her surgery?"
"I think she should be by now."

"Hmm. Do you want to visit her?" Seto asked Kat.
"She might be sleeping. Maybe later? I don't want to bother her."
"Ah, that's fine."

Then, suddenly a strange but familiar voice surprised their ear drums.

"Oh, hey Dr. Soren. Adam's here!"

Adam turned around, fists half raised in self defense. Then he realized who it was.

"Oh, erm. Hey, Douglas."

----------

//casually listening to He's a Pirate

Hehe

Total word count: 1173 words