Part 3: Chapter 13

Sam

Sam

5 months later.

My toes sink into the golden sands as a cool breeze nips on my bare legs. Across the horizon, various shades of colours were smeared around the setting sun, a golden glow emitting from the fading light.

Alex attempts to scramble from my arms as I gently lower the almost year old boy to the ground. He gurgles, grasping handfuls of sand in his tiny fist, and waving it around.

I chuckle, my eyes falling onto the trees and the camp behind us, small fires glowing around each area of the settlement. The rock perches in the centre of the camp, hundreds of names carved into the surface for all to see, and remember.

Alex squeals again, and I lift him into my embrace, spinning around and cooing at the small, black haired baby. As our laughter begins to die down, two strong arms slither around my waist, and I jump from the sudden contact.

"It's only me, babe." Minho whispers, sending chills throughout me.

"Hello, me. It's nice to meet you." I sass back, turning to face the taller, and more muscular teen who had turned 20 a couple of months ago.

He chuckles, pulling my closer and resting his palms on my ass. "Hands off the merchandise, slinthead." I sass again, stepping away from him and laughing as a pout crosses his features.

Alex wriggles again in my embrace, and I sit him back in the sand, smiling widely as he cooes and giggles once again. I sit down in the soft sand, beginning to play around with our son.

Minho crouches, helping Alex to his feet as his small hands clutch at his large ones. The young baby then turns to me, and with one surge of confidence, he takes wobbly steps towards me, his tiny hands outstretched for mine.

I gasp, happiness swelling throughout me as I witness our son take his first steps, Minho turns to me and kisses my lips.

The sun setting behind us as Minho clambers ungracefully to his feet, earning a laugh from Alex and I, as I swoop my son into my arms.

But then Minho crouches onto one knee, producing a small wooden box and scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Sam." He begins, as tears fill my eyes, "Ever since I first saw you carried from the box back in the glade, I knew you were the one. I fell in love with the way your hair fell down the sides of your face, and the way your eyes would glint with amazement and humour as you prepare to sass the shuck out of someone. I fell in love with this beautiful woman who gave me a son, unknowing she was to be a mother. I love you, Sam, I love you so much. Would you do the honours of being my wife?" He breathes out a nervous sigh, before adding, "Will you marry me?"

And I can't stop the tears anymore, and they flood down my face like waterfalls. I lurch forwards, careful of the child in my arms, nodding furiously, and kissing him on the lips. "I love you, Minho. I love you so, so much." I cry with happiness, as he embraces me, kissing all over my face and lips.

"I love you too." He returns embrace, before pulling away and opening the small wooden box. The ring was perched against some clustered white flowers, acting as a cushion for the delicate crystal band.

Minho takes my hand into his larger ones, and carefully slides the ring onto my finger. He kisses me again, this kiss full of passion and adoration. "How did you get this? And where from?"

"Do you remember when we went back to the scorch for our scavenging trip?" Minho asks and I nod quickly to show my understanding, "I found it in one of the houses. And it was buried deep in one of the drawers."

I giggle, "You can't just take other people's belongings, Minho."

He blushes, "Do you like it though? Does it fit okay? Do I have to-"

"It's perfect." I interrupt his ranting, planting a kiss on his soft lips. "We need to show the others."

"Don't worry, babe, they all ready know."

-----

My eyes open wide, a yawn escaping my parted lips as I glance around mine and Minho's bedroom in the large hut.

There was a large window facing out into the ocean, covered with a white sheet giving us enough privacy to conceal our decency. In the corner of the room, there was a makeshift wardrobe, the poor rickety thing struggling from the weight of our things.

The walls and floors were wooden, strong enough to protect us from the harsh winter weather and the blistering summer heat. There was a door in another far corner, which led out to the other rooms in the hut.

I glance over at the sleeping, naked figure next to me, half of his muscled frame covered by the white sheets on our bed. Leaning over, I begin to trace a tattoo on his bicep, my fingers gliding over his soft skin.

He stirs, and begins to awaken at the sudden contact, and his eyes open up to reveal his brown orbs that I have fallen in love with.

"Morning, Sam." Minho croaks, his husky morning voice sending shivers throughout my entire body.

"Hello, sleepyhead." I chuckle as his gaze rakes my attire, his eyes lingering on my chest for a long period of time. "Eyes are up here, shank."

Minho blinks slowly, a smirk crawling across his face as he rolls onto his back staring up at the ceiling and letting out a loud yawn, eyes glistening. "I'm sorry, but you're just too shucking beautiful to not look at."

A blush creeps onto my cheeks as I straddle his waist, his hands unshamefully resting on my hips. "You're such a tease." He groans as I shuffle to get comfortable on his hard chest.

"You love it though." I smirk as I shuffle again, this time not to get comfortable.

Minho sighs in content, "th-that is t-true." He struggles out as I continue to move, before I clamber off of him and over to the wardrobe, where I proceed to get dressed.

"Wait!" He gasps out, eyes snapping open from the loss of contact, as he sits up suddenly, "Aw, Sam. You can't leave me like this." Minho gestures to the obvious bulge in the sheets.

I chuckle at his fustration, a blush crawling onto his cheeks. "Bye, Minnie. I'll see you later, there's lots of preparations to do for the wedding."

And with that, I leave the room, ignoring his protests and pleas for me to stay.