17

Your POV

I looked down at my feet as I climbed the mountain. I kicked a rock, watching it roll off the side of the cliff.

I had been walking around all day, not knowing where to go. I didn't have anywhere to go. I didn't have anyone to run to.

I had turned my phone off earlier this morning after Camila had called me. I was scared of what she was going to say. I didn't want to hurt her, but I also didn't want her to see me as some kind of monster.

It would kill me if she was to feel differently about me because of my past.

I continued to climb to mountain, letting out a sigh of relief when I saw the overlook. I made my way over to the bench that Camila and I had sat on just a few days before, sitting down and putting my head in my hands.

I was exhausted.

I took off my backpack, acknowledging the fact that I would probably be spending the night here. I really needed to find a place to go, but I wouldn't be able to do that tonight.

I looked over the clearing, taking in the view of Los Angeles.

"Wow. This was a total hit or miss, but I guess you're just that predictable," I heard someone say behind me, making me turn around quickly.

"Camila?" I asked, watching as she walked over to stand in front of me.

She didn't say anything for a second, and I was a little confused.

Then she started punching me.

"Ow! What the fuck?" I said, attempting to grab her arms.

"How could you just leave me like that?" She asked as she started to slow down.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized, pulling her towards me.

"How could you leave me?" She asked again as she allowed me to pull her into my lap.

"I- I just didn't want you to be upset with me," I stuttered.

She pulled back and her eyes were brimming with tears.

"If you didn't want me to be upset with you then you shouldn't have left," she told me.

I ducked my head and felt her hands on my cheeks to make me face her again.

"I know what Shawn did," she said, and my eyes widened.

If she knew what Shawn did then she knew everything he had to say about me.

"It's okay," she told me, running her hand through my hair. "What were you so worried about? Why did you run?"

"I don't want you to see me any differently because of my past," I mumbled.

"Y/n, do you think I would have gotten so involved with you in the first place if I cared about your past?" She asked, which made me think.

There's no way she hadn't known something was up that night I got beat up. She must've figured out that I was involved in some shady stuff.

"I- probably not..." I admitted, watching her roll her eyes playfully. "Shawn told you everything?"

"Yes," she nodded. "That doesn't matter though. I wouldn't have came looking for you if it made me look at you differently. It's called a past for a reason. It's over and done with."

"I'm sorry," I told her, and she looked confused.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked.

"I should have told you about all of that," I shook my head. "I shouldn't have let him drop that bomb on you."

"It's not your fault that he was sticking his nose where it didn't belong, and from what I saw you put him in his place."

I furrowed my eyebrows, not quite understanding what she meant. I realized what she was talking about when she grabbed my hand and ran her fingers over my bruised knuckles.

"You saw his face?" I asked, wanting to know how much of a mark I left.

"I didn't just see his face. My garage camera caught the whole thing," she said, making my eyes widen.

"You have cameras?" I asked, making her giggle.

"Yea. Why? You want to see the video of you punching him across the face?"

"I mean, kinda," I said honestly.

"Maybe later," she smiled lightly. "That is... if you come home."

I looked up at her, scanning her face for any sign of hesitation.

"Really?" I asked, watching her smile grow.

"Yes, goofball," she said, leaning in and kissing my lips gently.

"Let's go home," she said when she pulled back, making me smile.

"Okay."