4

Camila's POV

"Camila, you can't just let a complete stranger stay with you," Shawn said. "Look, I'm all about being a good person, but this is dangerous."

"Dangerous? She was just jumped. You want me to leave her on the street?" I asked, trying to keep my voice down so she wouldn't hear us.

"That's better than letting her into your room! You don't know what she's capable of!"

When we got back to the hotel I brought her to my room. She was currently taking a shower.

Shawn had knocked on the door saying we needed to talk a few minutes ago, and I was now about two seconds away from kicking him out.

"You paid her hospital bill, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yes, I did. I can tell she couldn't afford it. Why else would she have refused to go in the first place," I told him.

He just sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Shawn, if you don't have anything else to say then I think you should just leave," I said.

"Okay, fine. Let her stay the night, but what are you going to do when you go back home tomorrow? She still won't have anywhere to go," Shawn told me.

"I'll figure that out tomorrow," I shrugged. "Goodnight, Shawn."

Shawn rubbed a hand over his face. He was clearly frustrated that I wasn't listening.

"Fine. Goodnight. Call me if you need anything," he said, grabbing his jacket and walking out.

I heard the water stop running as Shawn walked out of the room. I went through my suitcase trying to find a shirt and shorts that might fit the girl.

She had left her bag out here with me so I knew she didn't have clean clothes with her.

"Hey, Y/n?" I called as I knocked on the door, opening it slightly. "I got you some clothes- oh my god. I'm sorry!"

I covered my eyes and she quickly wrapped a towel around herself.

"I uh- it's okay. You can uh... you can look," she stuttered out.

I took a deep breath before peaking and seeing she was now covered up. I almost bit my lip at the sight of her wet hair cascading down her strong shoulders. She had a half sleeve from one of her shoulders down to her elbow and a few other smaller tattoos scattered around her body.

"Those for me?" She asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"Oh- yes. I had a few things you can wear to sleep. I'm sure you won't want to go to bed in those," I said, pointing at her filthy, ripped jeans and black hoodie.

"Thank you," she said, sending me a small smile.

"I'll let you change," I said, backing out of the bathroom.

"Oh my God," I mumbled to myself as I sat on the bed.

I shook my head, trying to rid my mind of what I just saw so I could concentrate.

"Um... you want me to take the floor?" She asked, making me look up to see her now fully clothed.

I furrowed my eyebrows before realizing she was referring to the fact that there was only one bed in the room.

"No, the bed is big enough for both of us," I said a little too quickly. "I mean... if you're comfortable with that. It doesn't bother me."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She asked as she slowly climbed into the bed.

She obviously wasn't used to being treated so well, and that made me kind of sad.

"That's just how I am," I shrugged, not really knowing how to answer her question.

"Okay," she nodded. "You're friend doesn't like me, does he?"

"He's just... skeptical," I told her.

She seemed to think about my answer for a second before laying down.

"Goodnight, Camila," she said.

"Goodnight, Y/n," I told her, turning off the lamp.