39.

-

-

November 12, 2018
7:45 am

Cameron

"what's for breakfast?" I said as I walked into the kitchen to see my mom by the stove, I walked over to my sister and purposely messed up her hair before taking a seat at the kitchen table. "Cameron!" Cassie hissed. "It took me half an hour to get it this way." She groaned, I chuckled as I stuck my tongue out at her, she rolled her eyes at me. "Cameron leave your sister alone." Mom said. "And we're having pancakes, bacon, and eggs." "Sounds good." I sighed happily. Then my mind drifted over to what Troy was telling me a couple days ago, maybe I should tell them. "Hey mom." I said. "Hm?" She hummed. "I'm gay." I blurted out. I might as well get it over with. The more I think about it, the more I'm not gonna wanna come out. It's better I don't think too much into it. I was Nervous as hell but Troy inspired me to come out when he told me his coming out story over the phone. We've been texting and talking to eachother non-stop since colitas.

Everything went quiet, my mom and sister stared at me blankly. "How long have you known?" Mom asked. She seemed...hesitant, shocked but not really shocked. I couldn't describe it. "I think I've always known." I replied, truthfully. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I watched as mom sat beside me, she grabbed a hold of my hands. "You know you could've told me, right?" She said. I blinked away the tears that were brimming my eyes. "I didn't feel like I could tell anyone really, I felt like everyone would make a big deal out of it, or look at me differently. I don't want anyone to look at me differently, i want them to look at me like they always have before they knew." I said. "I'm- we aren't gonna look at you differently." She emphasized pointing between her and Cassie. "We love you." Mom smiled. "So much." "Yeah, you're still my annoying big brother." Cassie smiled giving me a tight hug. I smiled wide, I wanted to cry. It made me so happy that my family accepts me being who I truly am. "I love you both." I said as I pulled them into a tight hug. Family done. Now it's time to tell my friends.

-

"Hey." Troy smiled as I walked into school. "Hey." I smiled back. "So you told your family." He said and I nodded, "yeah, and they surprisingly took it very well." "I told you! You were worrying for nothing." I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah I was, now I'm going to tell my friends." I replied. "And they're going to accept You for who you are just like your fam." Troy smiled. He was so supportive and positive. It made me like him even more. "Since you're telling your friends.. do you wanna go to the homecoming dance with me? I know it's last minute but-" "I would love to go to the dance with you." I said causing him to smile wide. "Maybe we could go on a date to.." he looked at me and I stopped in my tracks. "what?" "Yeah, I like you and I wanna see where this-" he pointed between us. "Could go." He said. "Yeah, Uh yeah. That sounds good." I was so shocked. I didn't expect that. "Great! Next Saturday then?" He replied. I nodded, "yeah." "Good, I can't wait. I'll see you later." He smiled as I'm watched him walk away. I'm
Going to the dance with my crush and on a date... this day couldn't get any better.

-

I watched as all my friends talk and laugh amongst themselves. Adrian and Wes were arguing over who was better, Kobe Bryant or Lebron James. I laughed to myself as Adrian started to get a little annoyed. Saiyr and the rest of the girls were singing and dancing, recording each other. I smiled. I really had the best of friends, they were so supportive and caring. I don't know why I was so nervous to come out to them, I knew they all would be so accepting of it, but it was always that little voice in the back of my head telling me that they wouldn't but I also had an even louder voice telling me that they would, so I thought right now- while we're all together would be the perfect time to tell them. "Guys." I suddenly said. They all got quiet and turned to me, "what's up?" Adrian said. "I have something to tell you all." I replied. "What is it cam?" Emaza said. "Whatever it is, you can tell us." Sydney assured and everyone else nodded in agreement causing me to smile a little. I sighed and took a deep breath, "I'm gay." I said. Saying it was so easy now, probably because Troy gave me the confidence. The confidence that I needed. Everyone all blinked at me, "okay." Tyler said, then everyone went back to what they were doing. I raised an eyebrow, that's it? "Just okay?" I said and everyone turned to me and nodded, "we still love you." Saiyr sent me a smile and everyone nodded. "There's nothing that you could do that would make us stop loving you." Ashley said, everyone nodded again, then went back to what they were doing. I smiled wide, and my heart warmed. I'm the luckiest guy on earth to have such amazing friends.

-
I think this may have been my favorite chapter :,) just because the gang responded to cameron being gay so normally like it was nothing, like Cameron was the Cameron they always knew which was something Cameron always wanted. 😭😭