Anniversary Pt. 1

"Liam! I can't see!" I laugh, shifting my arms in front of me blindly. Liam put a blindfold on me and we're walking somewhere right now.

"Alright. When you hear your phone ring, take the blindfold off. Okay?" He says. I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay." I sigh. I hear footsteps fading away.

"Liam?" I call out but get no answer. Damn him.

My phone starts ringing so I take the blind fold off and reach into my pocket, pulling my phone out.

"Yes?" I sing.

"I have a surprise for you." Liam says.

"And what might that be?" I ask in a proper voice.

"Go look behind the tree." He says. Without another word he hangs up. I look around and see I'm in a park. I walk over to the tree straight ahead and find a small, square box. I open it up and find a wodden plank that reads, A house is not a home without a pet. There's small paw prints trailing the rim of the wood. I turn it over and see a small paper attached to it. The paper reads, Go to the nearest place with paws and fur. I guess that means a pet store? I pull up maps and search for pet stores. There's one right down the street. That being said, I start walking with the decorative wood. When I get there I walk in and to the cashier.

"Megan?" He asks.

"Yea?" I confirm cautiously. He smiles and walks out from behind the counter.

"Follow me." He smiles. I follow him around the store and he picks up a small puppy.

"Happy Anniversary." He smiles, handing the small, black and brown dog to me.

"W-What?" I exclaim, astounded.

"Look at the collar." He says, gesturing to the light blue collar around it's neck. I look down at it and it has a small red heart-shaped note stuck to it. I read it and it says, Do you want to play? Let's go to the park! But remember, not all parks like me. I guess Liam tried to write it from the dog's point of view. So I'm guessing he meant a dog park.

"Where's the nearest dog park?" I ask the clerk who hooks a leash onto the dogs collar.

"Ehm. You go down, turn right on the next street and then left and it's right there." He says his strong French accent.

"Thank you." I smile, walking out. I set the puppy down and start walking. I follow his directions and end up at the park. I walk around looking for another clue but can't find one. Ugh, this child is complicated. My phone beeps and I look at the text.

Sit your butt down. It reads. I look around and spot a bench. I walk over and find a bouquet of roses. I pick them up and find a small box under it. I open it up but there's nothing in it. I close it and notice the name is circled with pen. The name is Métal Pointu's. I search the name and find the store a couple roads down. Why is he making me walk so much? Is this his way of telling me I'm fat? Cue laugh. Nahh.

"C'mon pup." I say in a baby voice, walking down the street. I finally make it to the store and pick the puppy up.

"I don't know if you're allowed in here. Eh, whatever." I say, walking inside.

"Sorry no pets allowed." A lady speed walks over to me.

"Megan?" Another lady comes up.

"Uh. Yea." I say.

"Over here." She smiles, ignoring the other lady. I follow her over and to a glass case. She goes behind it and pulls out a little box. She hands it to me and urges me to open it. I take the lid off and see a diamond necklace with two keys on it. Not little decorative keys but full sized keys.

"Happy Anniversary." She smiles. I smile and thank her. I look at the bottom of the box and see yet another note. It says, This is the last clue. Two doors to the right. This kid. I swear,

"Thank you." I smile. I walk out and go two doors to the right and end up at a beauty salon called Culture of Colour.

"Megan!" A lady comes up, dragging me away to a chair.

"Alright, let's get started." She smiles, grabbing things from a drawer.

"Hm. Let's see. I think a blue or black dress. What do you want? Brighter or darker?" She asks. This is so overwhelming.

"Uh-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Well, let's start with the basics. Let's do hair first." She leans my head back and starts rinsing my hair. She washes it and dries it. She starts to style it, putting hair spray and pins in it. After about an hour spent on my hair, she moves onto my makeup and calls another lady to help with my nails.

"You're puppy is so cute!" The lady doing my nails says, petting the pup.

"Thanks. My boyfriend got it for me today. It's our one year anniversary. He's been making me go all over the city looking for clues. He said this is the last one. I just don't know why he wants me all dolled up." I laugh.

"Happy Anniversary. I bet he's taking you somewhere special." She smiles.

"I guess so." I say. The lady does the basic makeup. Before she does any eye shadow, we go to pick out a dress. We pick out some black and blue ones for me to try and I walk back in a room, slipping them on.

"I really like this one and that one." I say, pointing to the long light blue dress and gesturing to the one I have on.

"Try that one on again." She says, handing me the blue dress. I put it on and come back out.

"Well, this one is more slim-fitting, so that makes you look extra curvy and it makes these and this look really good." She grabs her breasts and butt.

"But the black one is more elegant as to this one is more 'hey, look at me, I'm hot.' But that's not a bad thing in your case. The other one makes your eyes stand out too." She says. I nod and look at my reflection in the mirror. I do like this one but I don't want to look too-I don't know, confident I guess.

"Is this good do you think? I mean, I don't want to look like a slut or anything." I say.

"No, no. You do not look like a slut. You look very gorgeous in that." She smiles.

"Alright. I guess this one then." I smile.

"Okay. Put your other clothes back on and we'll finish your makeup." She smile. I go back in and change, holding the dress. We go back and she finishes my makeup, putting eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, bronzer, mascara and lipstick. Maybe more, I don't know.

"You look absolutely stunning" She says, wiping fake tears.

"Why thank you. But it was all you." I smile. I look in the mirror and see a totally different girl looking back at me.

"Wow. You look gorgeous! I wish I looked like you." The lady from earlier come back.

"Aw. Thank you." I smile.

"He told me to tell you to go back to the hotel and you'll find out what to do from there." The first lady says.

"Thank you both for everything." I smile, walking out of the salon with the pup.

--------------------

Isn't that so cute awe.

Don't forget to comment and vote!