Baby

"B-Wait. What?" I panic.

"You didn't know?" Her whole demeanor changes. I just shake my head.

"Well. Uh. Congratulations, you're four weeks pregnant!" She smiles and my eyes go wide.

"You have some visitors. Should I let them in?" She asks.

"Uh. Can-Can you get Liam?" I ask and she nods, leaving the room. A few minutes later Liam comes in with a smile on his face.

"Hey love." He sits in the chair beside me. He obviously doesn't know yet. Well, why would he?

"How are you feeling?" He asks, kissing my forehead.

"I-Uh. Liam-" I start.

"What? What's wrong?" He asks, worried.

"I'm pregnant." I say under my breath, the words feeling odd coming off my tongue.

"W-What?" He asks, leaning towards me.

"We're going to have a baby Liam." I look up at him, tears brimming my eyes.

"I'm pregnant." I state once again.

"Wh-" He starts but stops himself, looking down.

"I'm sorry." I apologize. I don't know why, I just feel like I should.

"Megan, why are you apologizing?" He asks, looking at me astounded.

"I-I don't know." I admit.

"Don't be sorry babe." He stands, cupping my cheeks in his large hands.

"You're not mad?" I look into his eyes.

"Why in the world would I be mad? There's a little you and I in your belly growing right now." He smiles as wide as possible.

"Are you sure you want this?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows as his happiness.

"Of course! I mean, I wasn't expecting it this soon, but I mean, I was wanting kids at some point in my life. I guess now was the time." He says, kissing the top of my hand.

"When should we tell the boys?" I ask, sitting up in my bed slowly.

"Well, when do you get to go home?" He asks, helping me sit up.

"I don't know. She didn't say. I guess It's a good thing to find out though." I say, reaching over and pressing the call button. A few minutes later the same nurse comes in, a smile still on her face.

"I'm guessing you're the father?" She smiles at Liam and he nods.

"Do you have any questions? Concerns?" She asks both of us.

"I was just wondering when I'm able to go home?" I ask her.

"Well, we already checked on everything and it seems fine. So, I'm guessing by tonight, but I'll go ask the doctor." She smiles, leaving.

"She smiles way too much to work in a hospital." I say once the door closes.

"She helps people. Why wouldn't she smile?" He says.

"Well, I'm sure she's watched more than a few people die, helped a screaming lady giving birth and getting blood all over her, and gave a few old guys sponge baths." I point out, making him laugh.

"You are one of a kind." He smiles, kissing my lips.

The nurse comes back with a younger man in a white jacket.

"Hello Miss Nicole. I'm doctor Brent. How are you feeling?" He smiles, greeting me.

"I'm great. When can I go home?" I ask, anxious.