She gave me a blank expression in response as she filled the syringe with the liquid. "It's anesthesia. I need to disinfect your wound and stitch up your foot." She said matter-of-factly.

"Please d-"

"Do you trust me?" Her expression softened.

I thought about it before replying. "Yes..."

She appeared to be satisfied with my response. "Good. That's all I needed to know." I continued to shake my head and move away from her. She sighed heavily. "We can do this the easy way or I can take you to the ER. I assure you, they will ask questions about why you didn't come in sooner. Also, you probably don't want to wait several hours in the emergency room."

Taking advantage of my distraction, she grabbed onto my uninjured ankle and yanked me back to my original position. I cried out in surprise and struggled, but she managed to inject the anesthesia into my foot.

I felt the foot throb for a moment, and then it went numb. I stayed silent as she carefully pulled my foot over her lap. I sniffled lightly and turned away as she pulled out a sharp looking needle and a bottle of disinfectant. She uncapped the bottle and began to squirt some disinfectant onto a cotton pad before gently running it over my foot. After several moments, the pad had turned a terrifying shade of red and I tried not to pull away upon the sight.

"Hey, hey." A hand brushed my shoulder gently. "Look at me." She began to direct my chin upwards to face her again. "Good girl."

I blushed at her comment as my heart began to beat faster at her praise. She released my chin and directed her attention back to my foot. I saw her reach into her box for a thread, which she inserted through the needle, making me tense up. She smiled at me reassuringly and I felt myself being drawn to the expressions that she would make when she was in deep concentration.

I felt the occasional poke in my foot, but no pain, thanks to the anesthesia. She would glance up at me occasionally as well. "All done." She finally said, placing my foot back down onto the bed. She began to stand up to put the box away.

"Th-Thank you." I smiled shyly, examining my foot. It definitely didn't look as bad as before.

She returned my smile before leaving the room. A minute later, she returned with a small bottle of pills. She popped the lid open before handing it to me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Antibiotics. They're for the infection. Take them twice a day for a week." She confirmed.

"Why do you have antibiotics in your house?" I frowned.

She ignored me and handed me a glass of water along with the remainder of the pills. "Take one now and take one again after dinner."

I complied and swallowed the pill before getting up to put the glass away. She reached to take it from me. "Stay put. I don't want the stitches to tear."

I nodded and sat back down. She returned again a minute later and sat down beside me. I inhaled sharply at the proximity, but didn't move away. After a moment, she slid an arm around my shoulders and lightly pulled me into her. "D-Dr. Williams-"

"Isabelle."

"Sorry?"

"You can call me Isabelle. We are not in class right now."

I blushed harder than a tomato and looked away. "Thank you," I hesitated for a moment, "I-Isabelle."

Her smiled widened as she kissed my forehead. My eyes widened in surprise. "Too fast?" She watched my expression in concern. This almost made me giggle that she was concerned about a forehead kiss being too much after she had bent me over her lap.

"No, just surprised." She smiled again at my response and pulled me into her again.

"So, are you going to tell me how you injured your foot?"

"I stepped on a glass shard." I muttered looking away from her.

"At home? And no one was around to help you?" She asked in disbelief.

"I didn't want to make a big deal. I didn't know it would get infected."

"Would you be able to stay over tonight?" My eyes widened in shock and I tried to formulate a response. Did she expect me to-

"I-"

"So I can keep an eye on your fever. Make sure it goes down."

Of course. I rolled my eyes and berated myself internally for allowing my thoughts to get carried away.

"If you're at home and it gets worse, you'll have to tell your parents and explain to them why you didn't say anything in the first place." She continued. "And you'll have to explain how you got the antibiotics and-"

"Okay."

"And-wait, okay?" She glanced at me in astonishment. I nodded. "I thought for sure you were going to fight me tooth and nail on this." She laughed nervously.

"I was, but your reasons make sense."

She nodded but didn't respond verbally. "So we're having a sleepover? Are we going to do each other's makeup, crash a party, and eat junk food?" I grinned enthusiastically.

"I will be making sure you complete your school work and get the rest that you need." She corrected firmly.

Deciding to mess with her, I grinned like a brat and commented. "Oh, how boring. Is that what old people do at sleepovers?"

She narrowed her eyes at me dangerously. "Excuse me, Miss Reagan?"

"Yes, Professor?" I blinked at her in mock innocence.

To my surprise, she leaned forward slowly, forcing me onto my back onto the bed. "I admit that I do have much more experience than college students. Shall we test out that theory?" She purred into my ear, making me shiver and blush bright red.

"Is-Isa-Isabelle..." I stuttered, my heart racing.

With a smirk, she moved off of me, allowing me to sit back up. "Wouldn't want to bore you too much, Arielle. How about those guitar lessons?"

———————————————————————————
*edited*

Woohoo 🎉. 1k reads. I love y'all!

-Cindy