9.

"LET GO !!!"

The lizard-like villain howled out as my vines constricted around his torso. I felt my whole body grow stronger from the suns rays above as my vines thickened and shot off in his direction.  I watched his body contort and struggle from the force of it. He wiggled and hissed in my grasp as I looked around for anything else I could use to help. Newscasters and cameras lined the streets adding an extra bit of pressure. No police in sight just yet so I needed to think of something quick. Feeling a slight movement in my grasp caused me to shoot off another vine towards the villain, tightening the grip more.

He stood guarding the hostages inside the bank as my pulse quickened. I cannot turn my attention away from this guy, who knows what he would have done to those people! Using all my strength I pull the villain away from the door screaming to the citizens they were free to run out. I quickly tightened more allowing for the hostages to run free towards safety without fear.

The crowds cheering in the background was rewarding, but I wasn't through yet. The villain was still armed in my grasp and there were too many people around so I needed to be careful. I learned my lesson the last time overdoing it and hurting myself in the end. My eyes flash behind me at the crowd of people watching in awe.

"Step back everyone!" I yell as I lift the villain high in the air. He weighed what felt like a ton as my body shook from the force. Maybe if I lift him up high enough and use my blossoming flower that will keep it from getting in any of the citizen's eyes. My eyes flashed from side to side to make sure things were clear before I tightened once more around the villain's waist.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH! WHEN I GET DOWN THERE I WILL KILL YOU!!"

The villain continued to scream from high above as I used the beautiful sunny afternoon to my advantage. I watched as my blossoming flowers sprouted from the vines. An array of pinks hued flowers sprouted and opened up preparing to release their poison. The crowd "oohed" and "ahhed" from the sight, but I knew better than to let any of them too close. Watching from below I couldn't help the smirk that grew on my face.

The villain was clearly clueless to my powers as he continued to spit foul words at me and wiggle around in an attempt to break free. I chuckle watching knowing in a matter of minutes he would be limp. As quickly as the flowers bloomed they were already spraying out a cloud of smoke. The villain was still yelling out at the top of his lungs, which only made things worse for him and easier for me. The smoke went straight into his mouth as he continued to speak as I tapped my foot anxiously waiting.

My vines pulsed and only grew stronger from being closer to the sky as the villain's body relaxed in their grasp. Eventually, the screaming and yelling subsided and all I could see was a limp tail. I chuckle as I lower the freak from the sky.  As soon as I had him to the ground the police were there waiting to cuff him. I stood back watching them cuff the half-asleep villain.

"Well done Ivy Blossom, you've done it again and made our jobs a little easier," Cheif said tipping his hat at me.

"It is no problem at all sir! I am happy to help" I smile looking out at the crowd as the cameras flashed and newscasters swarmed. This wasn't the best part of the job but it was necessary to remain on top. I think a lot of these people think we as heroes never get tired. At the end of the day we just fought off a villain, sometimes these situations are life or death, yet here come the cameras and questions. Sometimes it was bearable, other times it was torture.