6.

It had been almost two days since Kat sent that text to Bakugou and I hadn't heard much else since then. It's embarrassing to admit that I was hurt by it. I spent a few days wondering when and what he would text me or if I would see him.

It got so bad that any blond-haired guy made me do a double-take thinking it was him. I wasn't even aware of these actions until I was already doing it. It was involuntary and it made me feel weird.

Throwing my bag over my shoulder I make my way outside to patrol the city. I wasn't expecting a big day, maybe just some petty theft, but I needed to do my job even with the small stuff. The wind pushed up my jacket as I pull out my charcoal beanie and place it on my head. Hearing my phone vibrate in my pocket I excitedly pull it out and look. The blue light of my screen shines brightly up at me illuminating the new message notification.

Dad: Hey dear, I hope you're having a good day! Just checking in and if you want to grab dinner tonight?? I have some of our old family friends stopping in and I know they would love to see you!

I sigh reading the text from my dad. Was I really thinking Bakugou was going to text me again? This is exactly the problem I have with relationships... you revolve all your happiness around another human and this particular human is a real asshole who only cares about themselves. Rolling my eyes I quickly text my dad back.

Misaki: Hey dad! Yeah, everything's great! I'll swing by later ok? Wouldn't miss it.

Dad: That's my girl! Be safe out there hero!

After scanning over my father's short text I slowly lock the screen and take in a deep breath before shoving my phone back in my pocket. My dad always was so excited about people from our old hometown coming to visit. It rarely happened, but when it did you would have thought it was Christmas eve the way that man would host. I think it was because it made him feel like we were all back in time... specifically when mom was still around. I guess it made Dad feel like the world around him hadn't changed much when he was back in the presence of his old friends.

Kicking my feet along the dull sidewalk I roll my eyes as I push through the mass amount of people. The crowds downtown were pretty big this week and I was preparing myself for anything as my eyes looked from side to side for anything suspicious. Hours went by and my feet were getting tired. The clumps of people laughing and rushing off to their destinations was the only excitement that was happening. The real crime was that I could hardly walk without getting bumped by another person. Almost a regular day, which is extremely hard to imagine.

Looking to my left I see an open park bench. It was shaded perfectly and it was completely empty. Something that is super rare in this overpopulated city. I shrugged my shoulders and allowed myself to take a break as I stepped over to the wooden seat. My body felt limp as I moved it across the freshly cut lawn. Kids ran around me as they met up with friends in the distance while my feet continued to make their way to a nice relaxing bench seat.

Leaning my body against the back of the park bench I let out a loud sigh. I was so exhausted and really needed to just sit for a minute. I had a tendency to push myself too hard sometimes causing my already small frame to tire out easily. I would hate for a villain to pop out while I was feeling this tired so I deserved a little break.

Resting my head back as the wind continued to pick up around me as I continued to internally talk myself into a break. My eyes slowly closed as I listened to the birds chirping and the muffled conversations of people passing by. I would only allow myself a few moments then I would be back up and ready soon, but for now I was enjoying the peace this seat brought me.

"The fuck are you doing?"

A grumbled tone echoed causing my eyes to peel back. Sitting up I stare at Bakugou standing before me.  So much for my peaceful break.